AdvancED®'s School Improvement Life Cycle
is the accreditation organization for all DoDEA schools.
AdvancED® is the world's largest education community, serving more than 30,000 public and private schools and districts across the United States and in more than 70 countries that educate over 16 million students.
As the global leader in advancing education excellence through accreditation and school improvement, AdvancED® brings together more than 100 years of experience and the expertise of three United States-based accreditation agencies - the North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement (NCA/CASI), Northwest Accreditation Commission (NWAC), and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement (SACS/CASI).
Educational institutions that engage in AdvancED® Accreditation will:
- Unite with a global network committed to standards of educational excellence.
- Earn the distinction of quality through the recognized seal of AdvancED® accreditation.
- Experience a unified, clear, and powerful accreditation process with a scalable and sustainable evaluation of education quality.
- Receive external and objective validation of the areas in which they're doing well, and the areas for continuous improvement.
- Benefit from AdvancED® research that shapes educational policy and improves learning practices.
- Experience a state-of-the-art web-based accreditation system that is continuously being upgraded and improved.
- Hear the best available ideas and thinking on education practices and trends through innovative products, educational technologies, and the collective knowledge of peers.
- Benefit from shared expertise and powerful professional learning through local and global workshops, training, conferences, and personalized service.
Students and their parents will:
- Experience ease in transferring credits from one school to another.
- Gain greater access to federal loans, scholarships, postsecondary education and military programs that require students attend an accredited institution.
- Benefit from their institution or educational system's commitment to raising student performance and accountability.