FCHS Electronic Devices Policy
We strongly encourage students not to bring electronic devices such as cell phones, IPods, MP3 Players, hand-held games, digital cameras, etc. to school. Students who choose to bring these items to school do so at their own risk, as the school assumes no responsibility for these lost or stolen high-value items.
- All electronic devices must be secured in the student’s locker.
- Cell phones may only be used before and after school hours and only in open areas of the school.
- Cell phones may never be out or used in restrooms or locker rooms.
- When a staff member is made aware of a student being in possession of an electronic device during school hours, it will be confiscated and turned into the office, where the student’s sponsor can pick it up after school hours.
- First Offense: Confiscated and returned to student at the end of the school day – Administrative Warning.
- Second Offense:Confiscated and returned to student after detention is served.
- Third Offense: Confiscated and returned to sponsor after student serves detention.
- Fourth Offense:Confiscated and returned to sponsor after student serves detention. Student’s hall passing privileges are suspended.