About the NC-Camp Lejeune District
We are proud of the educational opportunities offered in our district. Our focus is on improving academic achievement for all students while supporting the mission of our military families. The military commands, school boards and parents provide wonderful community support to us and we feel fortunate to serve the families of our military sponsors.
We have a total of 7 schools to serve students living on post in grades Pre-K through 12.
- Johnson Primary (Pre-K - 2)
- Delalio Elementary (Pre-K - 5)
- Heroes Elementary (Pre-K - 5)
- Tarawa Terrace Elementary (Pre-K - 5)
- Bitz Intermediate (Grades 3 - 5)
- Brewster Middle (Grades 6 - 8)
- Lejeune High (Grades 9 - 12)
Our Camp Lejeune Partnerships
CLDS works collaboratively with:
- The Camp Lejeune Naval Hospital Early Developmental Intervention Services (EDIS) program that serves children who live on base, birth to 3 years old, who have developmental delays or are at risk for developmental delays. There are ongoing team meetings with both staff and parents to determine eligibility for special education services from Camp Lejeune Dependents Schools and to transition children if they qualify for services.
- The Immunizations Clinic, Community Health Nurse, Preventive Medicine, and Pediatric Departments at the Naval Hospital Camp Lejeune.
- The Exceptional Family Member Program Coordinator.
We have a representative on:
- The Family Advocacy Council (FAC) for Camp Lejeune.
- The MCIEast/MCB Camp Lejeune Pandemic Influenza Preparedness Working Group.
- The Special Needs and Resource Team for the Camp Lejeune Child Development Centers (CDC's). This committee advises the child development staff on how to appropriately serve children with special needs who are requesting enrollment or are already enrolled in the child development programs.
Our Onslow County Partnerships
NC-Camp Lejeune District has a representative on the following:
- Living In the New Normal (LINN) Committee which has representatives from Onslow County and Camp Lejeune to support the military child during times of tragedy and loss.
- Onslow County Pandemic Influenza Preparedness Working Group.
- Onslow County Local Interagency Coordinating Council (LICC), which has representatives from each agency in Onslow County and Camp Lejeune that serve children from birth to 5 years old with developmental delays or who are at risk for developmental delays.
- Onslow County Community Strategic Planning for Children Committee.
- Mayors Committee for Persons with Disabilities.
- Onslow County Partnerships for Children Board.
- Chamber of Commerce Workforce Steering Committee.
We also work closely with Onslow County Schools as children with special needs transfer between school systems.
Our Partnerships with Schools of Higher Learning
NC-CLDS has ongoing partnerships with the University of San Diego, Coastal Carolina Community College, and the University of North Carolina at Wilmington.