Research demonstrates that parent involvement is essential for student success. Although you may not become involved in all committees and support organizations in the school, we encourage the following activities for your parental support:
- Join the school parent/teacher organization (PTO or PTA) and participate in meetings and activities.
- Have lunch at school with your child regularly.
- Volunteer in your child's classroom.
- Establish a daily study time at home (even when there's no homework).
- Participate in the Continuous School Improvement (CSI) efforts at your child's school.
- Keep informed of school events and activities by reading school newsletters and your child's classroom newsletter.
- Communicate frequently with your child's teacher.
- Prepare for and participate in parent-teacher conferences.
- Ensure your child has a well-balanced breakfast and comes to school with completed homework, lunch money and school supplies.
There are many volunteer opportunities for parents eager to get involved with their students education or for other interested community members. Check with you child's school for specifics and to complete any necessary forms in addition to the following.
- DD2793, Volunteer Agreement for Appropriated Fund Activities and Non Appropriated Fund Instrumentalities.
- Enclosure 2 of DoDEA AI 4700.3, Application and Background Checks for DoDEA School Volunteers and Student Teachers
Contact the School/Home Partnership Chair at your child's school and become a part of our volunteer team!