NC-Camp Lejeune Transportation
School bus transportation is an important facet of the educational experience. The school bus is the first and last thing many of our students experience and it shapes how their day begins and ends. The following information about transportation in the NC-Camp Lejeune District will help your student get the most of out of their school bus experience.
DoDEA Student School Bus Behavior Management Policy (Enclosure 8 of DoDEA Regulation 2051.1)
- Good behavior on the bus is expected and required to ensure the safety of all.
- Stay in one seat.
- Talk quietly.
- Keep hands, feet, or objects inside the bus.
- Refrain from eating or drinking while on the bus.
- Keep the bus clean.
- Move over for others to sit down.
Riding the bus is a privilege. Our bus drivers expect cooperation. Students cooperate by following the driver's directions and stopping misbehaviors immediately. When students misbehave, the drivers refer students to the school office. Repeated offenses will result in suspension from the bus.
Bus Stop Rules
- Use the bus stop closest to your home.
- Students should stay out of the road until the bus comes to a complete stop.
- Students should arrive at the bus stop at least 5 minutes prior to pick-up time and wait in an orderly manner.
- Reports of violence and incidents at the bus stops are reported directly to the Military Police.
Students enrolled in Pre-K through grade 5 who reside more than one mile from the school property line as well as students in Grades 6-8 who reside more than one and a half miles from the school property are eligible to ride the school bus. All students required to walk to school on routes officially designated as hazardous are also eligible to ride the school bus. Read more about eligibility to ride the school bus >>