NC-Fort Bragg Transportation
School bus transportation is an important facet of the educational experience. The school bus is the first and last thing
many of our students experience and it shapes how their day begins and ends. The following information about
transportation in the NC-Fort Bragg District will help your student get the most of out of their school bus experience.
DoDEA Student School Bus Behavior Management Policy (Enclosure 8 of DoDEA Regulation 2051.1)
Students are responsible for:
- Complying with the behavior standards for school bus students.
- Obeying the instructions of bus drivers, DoDEA personnel, and military officials.
- Attending and completing school bus safety training sessions when offered by the school or military installation.
Students enrolled in Pre-K through grade 5 who reside more than one mile from the school property line as well as students in Grades 6-8 who reside more than one and a half miles from the school property are eligible to ride the school bus. All students required to walk to school on routes officially designated as hazardous are also eligible to ride the school bus. Read more about eligibility to ride the school bus >>
Special Transportation Arrangements
School children may be allowed to board and depart the school bus, on a regular basis at any point designated as a bus stop on the regular route, provided the parents submit a written request to the Principal at least five (5) days prior to the commencement of the bus service. The request shall be in accordance with the following conditions:
- Pick-up and discharge points should be the same each day.
- Discharge point location need not be the same as the pickup location.
Students residing in the housing areas listed below are eligible for bus transportation.
If sponsors have bus eligible dependents that attend Hampton Primary School, then siblings that attend Irwin Intermediate School will also be eligible for bus transportation. The district has determined that it is not logistically feasible for a parent to pick up a bus rider and a walker and still be able to meet the supervisory requirements as stated in Master Policy 87.
- Albritton Middle School: Bougainville, Casablanca, Anzio Acres, Ardennes, Bataan, Normandy, Bastogne Gables, Essen Place (Qtrs 1-16), Luzon Drive (Qtrs 44-62), Maas Drive (Qtrs 26-57), Corregidor Courts, Pope Army Airfield.
- Bowley Elementary School: Casablanca, Anzio Acres
- Devers Elementary School: Bastogne Gables, Bataan (Ashley & Seay), Pope Army Airfield
- Gordon Elementary School: (All students over 1 mile from school property)
- Hampton Primary School:
- Normandy, St. Mere Eglise, for the following streets only - Monteburg Road, La Bonneville Road, Point Salines Circle and San Isidro Place
- Nijmegen / Cherbourg for the following streets only - Arnhem Way, Garden Circle, Market Loop, Molen Place, Dutch Loop, Holland Gateway, Bandolier Circle, Torrijos Circle, Coldstream Drive, Douve Place (Qtrs 1-34), Victory Way (Qtrs 42-69), Le Ham Road (Qtrs 200-254, 251, 253, 255, 257, 259, 261, 263), Point L'Abby Street (Qtrs 129, 131, 133, 135, 137, 139, 140-162, 162, 165, 167, 169, 171, 173, 175, 177, 179)
- Hammond Hills for the following streets only - La Poterie Drive, West Luzon Drive, Maas Drive, Essen Place
- Irwin Intermediate School: Normandy Neighborhood
- *Exception as noted above: If sponsors have bus eligible dependents that attend Hampton Primary School then the siblings that attend Irwin Intermediate School will be eligible for bus transportation.
- Shughart Elementary School: (All students over 1 mile from school property)
- Shughart Middle School: (All students over 1.5 miles from school property)