NC-Fort Bragg Transportation
School bus transportation is an important facet of the educational experience. The school bus is the first and last thing
many of our students experience and it shapes how their day begins and ends. The following information about
transportation in the NC-Fort Bragg District will help your student get the most of out of their school bus experience.
DoDEA Student School Bus Behavior Management Policy (Enclosure 8 of DoDEA Regulation 2051.1)
Students are responsible for:
- Complying with the behavior standards for school bus students.
- Obeying the instructions of bus drivers, DoDEA personnel, and military officials.
- Attending and completing school bus safety training sessions when offered by the school or military installation.
Students enrolled in Pre-K through grade 5 who reside more than one mile from the school property line as well as students in Grades 6-8 who reside more than one and a half miles from the school property are eligible to ride the school bus. All students required to walk to school on routes officially designated as hazardous are also eligible to ride the school bus. Read more about eligibility to ride the school bus >>
Special Transportation Arrangements
School children may be allowed to board and depart the school bus, on a regular basis at any point designated as a bus stop on the regular route, provided the parents submit a written request to the Principal at least five (5) days prior to the commencement of the bus service. The request shall be in accordance with the following conditions:
- Pick-up and discharge points should be the same each day.
- Discharge point location need not be the same as the pickup location.