The mission of the logistics division is to provide a physical environment conducive to learning and contribute to the opportunity for students to succeed. We perform the following functions at the Area Service Center (ASC):
- Develop procedures and recommend course of action.
- Establish standards.
- Perform oversight (Monitor and Report).
- Provide technical procedures.
- Garner resources.
- Manage non-expendable property.
Our Goals are to:
- Develop a systemic approach for evaluating each DoDEA Americas facility for condition, support of new requirements, efficiency, safety and security, availability of core elements, cleanliness, attractiveness and lighting.
- Develop a systematic approach to support a physical environment conducive to learning and contributing to the opportunity for staff and students to succeed.
- Improve services provided to students, (i.e., transportation, student meals) with the available resources.
- Improve the management of property accountability and other resources to include the acquisition, distribution, maintenance and disposition of property.
- Stay abreast with the changing laws, regulations and industry methods and standards related to management and operation of our schools.