The function of the Property Accountability Section is to manage accountable property in each of the DDESS schools, district offices and the Area Service Center. Accountable property includes all Central Processing Units (CPUs), vehicles (leased and/or owned), leased copiers and ROTC and sport weapons regardless of cost, as well as all personal property with an acquisition unit cost of $5,000 or more. We:
- Maintain the Defense Property Accounting System (DPAS) which is the official database for managing all accountable property assigned to DDESS activities.
- Record day-to-day property transactions and reconcile all inventories in the DPAS.
- Provide property and supply training to include the operation, maintenance, and management of the DPAS.
- Provide telephonic and on-site assistance to resolve property management issues and insure the integrity of accounts.
- Provide technical assistance and guidance for all special inventories and other property related issues.
- Conduct the bi-annual review of each hand receipt account at each DDESS activity.
- Establish, maintain, and manage all required accountable property files.
We are dedicated to customer service and will promptly respond to customer needs and concerns. We are staffed with knowledgeable and professional employees who will always go the extra mile to ensure customer satisfaction.
The Services Branch of the Logistics Division manages a wide variety of programs and services for the Area Office as well as supporting Districts and schools in many areas. Services personnel provide oversight for school closures and openings, Material Management, Student Transportation, Child Nutrition, InterService Support Agreements, as well as managing the movement of freight, supplies and equipment.