PTI103: Comp Apps AB (2013-2014)
CURRICULUM PROGRAM: Career and Technical Education
COURSE TITLE: Computer Apps AB
CALENDAR YEAR: 2013-2014
GRADE LEVEL: 6-8
COURSE LENGTH: 18 weeks
Major Concepts/Content: Computer Applications is designed to assist students in applying a variety of computer technology and its application to their daily lives. In additional to information literacy, the areas of technology introduced may include word processing, spreadsheet, database, Internet, e-communication, graphics, presentation and publications applications, and using digital and scanning equipment.
Major Instructional Activities: Students will work individually and collaboratively to enhance their technology skills.
Major Evaluative Techniques: Students will be required to demonstrate their mastery of skills through activities, tests, projects, and presentations.
Course Objectives: Upon completion of the course, students should be able to
- Demonstrate understanding of terminology used in the areas of technology studied.
- Demonstrate appreciation of how technology affects daily life.
- Demonstrate understanding of how the different types of technology they have used are related and can be combined to achieve desired results.
- Understand how a variety of technologies can be used to gather and assess information, express ideas, present information, and solve problems.
- Demonstrate ability to plan and work collaboratively on projects.
- Integrate various applications.
- Demonstrate ability to incorporate various media into a presentation.
- Assess the Internet to locate data relevant to projects.
- Demonstrate ethical use of technology.