PTP103: Int ProgAB (2013-2014)
CURRICULUM PROGRAM: Career and Technical Education
COURSE TITLE: Intro Programming AB
CALENDAR YEAR: 2013-2014
GRADE LEVEL: 7-8
COURSE LENGTH: 18 weeks
Major Concepts/Content: Introduction to Programming Languages will utilize languages that meet needs specified in the Essential Objectives, such as Logo or BASIC. This hands-on laboratory course is designed to teach students the concepts, skills and processes involved in programming a computer, to include significant experiences with major language features.
Major Instructional Activities: Students will analyze a problem, design a solution, write the program needed to solve the problem, test the program and make the necessary corrections in the program. Activities will include hands-on programming, group and individual assignments and special projects.
Major Evaluative Techniques: ssessment will be accomplished by:
- Success may be demonstrated by written tests, oral tests, class work, projects, or other means deemed appropriate by the instructor.
Course Objectives: Upon completion of the course, students should be able to
- Define programming vocabulary specific to the chosen programming language.
- Utilize the input/output procedures of the language in addition to storage and retrieval of programs.
- Write programs in a structured format.
- Create logical programming solutions using boolean logic, iteration, variables, conditionals, data types and super and sub procedures.
- Recognize and correct program faults (debug).
- Promote the ethical use of computers.