FLI603: Italian 6 (2013-2014)
CURRICULUM PROGRAM: Foreign Language Program
COURSE TITLE: Italian VI
CALENDAR YEAR: 2013-2014
GRADE LEVEL: 9-12
COURSE LENGTH: 36 weeks
SUGGESTED PREPARATION: Italian V
Major Concepts/Content: The foreign language VI is designed to continue reinforcing and expanding language.
Major Instructional Activities: Instructional activities will be provided through the reading of a variety of l literary works and a discussion of the works orally and l in writing. Assignments will be given using various media such as television, newspapers and magazines. Students will discuss current events and current issues included in newspapers printed in the target language.
Major Evaluative Techniques: Students will be evaluated on their oral proficiency, writing skills, and reading comprehension skills. Written and oral reports will also serve as evaluation techniques.
Course Objectives: Upon completion of the foreign course VI course, students should be able to:
- Analyze information given.
- Interpret the content of a presentation on an unfamiliar topic.
- Present a report on selected literature.
- Apply interpretation skills.
- Apply grammatical conventions in more complex writing exercises.
- Summarize orally and in writing information received.
- Explain the concepts of various reading materials.