FLJ401: Japanese2 (2014-2015)
CURRICULUM PROGRAM: Foreign Language Program
COURSE TITLE: Japanese II
CALENDAR YEAR: 2014-2015
GRADE LEVEL: 9-12
COURSE LENGTH: 36 weeks
SUGGESTED PREPARATION: Japanese I
This course is a continuation of a beginning level course that will introduce the student to a variety of areas of language learning. In this course, the student will learn listening, speaking, reading and writing skills through activities that are based on pedagogically proven methods of foreign language instruction.
Throughout the units of study, students learn to express themselves using an ever increasing vocabulary, present-tense verbs and adjectives. Grammar is introduced and practiced in innovative and interesting ways with a variety of learning styles in mind.
Culture is sprinkled throughout the course in an attempt to help the learner focus on the Japanese language and culture, people, life-style, geographical locations and histories.
DoDEA Foreign Language Standards
Course Objectives: In this course, the student will learn to do the following, at the beginning level.
- Talk about their daily activities using a wide range of vocabulary
- Talk about animals and things animals do
- Talk about what they like to do in their free time
- Talk about the parts of their body and their function
- Describe people using I-adjective and NA-adjective
- Make comparison statements
- Make superlative statements
- Talk about preferences and desires
- Talk about plans
- Learn about how to quote
- Learn about the past tense verb forms
- Learn the present progressive
- Introduction to the Course
- Daily Life
- The Body
The textbook in this course is digital and can be located inside of the online course.
Recommended English-Japanese Japanese-English Dictionary
Title: The Starter Oxford Japanese Dictionary (Paperback)
Editors: Jonathan Bunt and Gillian Hall
Publisher: Oxford University Press
Edition/Year: 1st edition/2000