HLH3010T: Hlth Ed (2014-2015)
CURRICULUM PROGRAM: Virtual School Program
COURSE TITLE: Health Ed-DL (Fall/Spring)
CALENDAR YEAR: 2014-2015
GRADE LEVEL: 9-12
COURSE LENGTH: 18 weeks
This course will help students develop the knowledge and skills they need to make healthy decisions that allow them to stay active, safe and informed. The lessons and activities are designed to introduce the student to important aspects of the main types of health: emotional and mental, social and consumer, and physical. Among other topics, students will explore nutrition, understanding and avoiding disease, first aid and CPR, and human sexuality. Students will find out about the components of a healthy lifestyle and ways to approach making healthy choices and decisions.
DoDEA Health Education Standards
After completing the course, students will be able to:
- Discuss concepts and applications of the main types of health: mental and emotional, social and consumer, and physical.
- Discuss methods and strategies for informed decision-making for healthy life choices.
- Apply their value system to decisions concerning mental, emotional, and physical health.
- Demonstrate communication skills that demonstrate healthy choices with respect for self, family, and others.
- Utilize online sources, parents, friends, and community members that will assist in making healthy life choices.
- Module One:-Social and Consumer Health
- Module Two : Mental and Emotional Health
- Module Three -Preventing Disease
- Module Three - First Aid and CPR
- Module Four - Nutrition
- Module Five - Human Sexuality
- Module Six - Drug, Alcohol and Tobacco Awareness
There is no textbook required for this course. All of the instructional content is available online within the course.