PTI3030T: Word Proc (2014-2015)
CURRICULUM PROGRAM: Virtual School Program
COURSE TITLE: Word Processing Software App. (Fall)
CALENDAR YEAR: 2014-2015
GRADE LEVEL: 9-12
COURSE LENGTH: 18 weeks
Word Processing Software Applications provides students with the opportunity to develop professional level skills in word processing software. Skills taught include creating, customizing, managing and organizing documents by using formatting and visual content that is appropriate for the information presented. This may include reviewing, sharing, and securing content.
Word Processing Software Applications prepares students for careers in business. The course sequence focuses on duties and tasks performed by professionals using word processing software as well as pre-employment and employment skills.
PTI303 Word Processing Software App Student Competency
During this course students will:
- Explore computer concepts
- Explore ethical issues related to computers and computer systems
- Manage computer systems
- Produce word processing documents
- Use advanced word processing tools
- Communicate through technology
The course will review many topics, including:
- Module 0 - Course Introduction
- Module 1 - Intro to Computers and Word Processing
- Module 2 - Adding and Editing Content in a Document
- Module 3 - Inserting and Formatting Content
- Module 4 - Inserting, Linking and Modifying Objects
- Module 5 - Using Advanced Tools
- Module 6 - Display and Accessibility
- Module 7 - Create for an Audience Semester Final
The focus of this course will be the use of Microsoft Office Word to produce a variety of documents.
Textbook:There is no textbook required for this course. All of the instructional content is available online within the course.
Course Notes: For Certification