MAC613UT: AP CalcBC (2014-2015)
CURRICULUM PROGRAM: Virtual School Program
COURSE TITLE: AP Calculus BC
CALENDAR YEAR: 2014-2015
GRADE LEVEL: 12
COURSE LENGTH: 36 weeks
Required Textbooks and Supplemental Readings
Finney, R. L., Demana, F.D., Waits, B.K., and Kennedy, D. (2003). Calculus: Graphical, numerical, algebraic, AP Edition. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson Education-Prentice Hall.
Supplemental Textbooks and Readings
- Finney, R. L., Demana, F.D., Waits, B.K., and Kennedy, D. (2003). Technology resources manual for calculus: Graphical, numerical, algebraic. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson Education-Prentice Hall.
- Hockett, Shirley O., Bock, David (2002). Barron’s How to Prepare for the AP Calculus AP Examination, 7th edition. Hauppauge, NY: Barron’s Educational Series, Inc.
Computers: Each student has access to a computer with internet access at their local school during their scheduled class period. Most also have use of a computer at home. The entire course is conducted on-line. Most students also have access to a scanner or digital sender for submitting work, but a fax machine can be used if one is not available.
Software: Students use the Microsoft Office programs for projects and for accessing lectures. QuickTime Video is used to run Flash presentations and activities. Jabber is an instant messaging program that we use for real-time communications with the students. Windows Media is required for watching video presentations and demonstrations. Adobe Connect is used for whiteboard presentations with both video and audio real-time collaboration with students.
Graphing calculators are required by the College Board. Students may use any approved model; most use the TI-83+ or TI-89.
Internet access and online resources:
- Math Tools Website: http://www.mathforum.org/mathtools/cell.html?&new_co=c
- Math Archives: Calculus Resources On-Line Website: http://archives.math.utk.edu/calculus/crol
- AP Featured Question: http://apcentral.collegeboard.com/apc/members/courses/teachers_corner/23365.html
- Slope Fields handout: http://apcentral.collegeboard.com/apc/public/repository/slopefieldhandoutapnc_11870.pdf
- Featured videos from http://www.KhanAcademy.org
- Tutoring help from http://www.tutor.com is available free of charge to all of our students
- Online help from former students will be available at the FaceBook calculus page for the class
Course Notes: (Unweighted - Did Not Take AP Exam)