FLF4010T: Fren II (2014-2015)
CURRICULUM PROGRAM: Virtual School Program
COURSE TITLE: French II
CALENDAR YEAR: 2014-2015
GRADE LEVEL: 9-12
COURSE LENGTH: 36 weeks
SUGGESTED PREPARATION: French I
This course is designed to provide activities, projects, and experiences that enable students to appreciate and value the target language culture. In this course, students build on their previous learning experience while expanding their knowledge of French language and culture and developing their communication skills. Grammar, idiomatic expressions and lexicon are taught in context so that students use them to convey meaning in the three modes of communication: interpersonal, interpretive, and presentational.
Major linguistic principles and language skills covered in level II include the following: usage of singular and plural nouns and interrogative, definite, indefinite, demonstrative and possessive adjectives; identifying and using the active voice in the indicative mood; identifying and using the imperative, the future tense, all forms of the past tense, progressives, and the subjunctive mood; identifying and using subject pronouns, direct object pronouns, indirect object pronouns, and the emphatic, reflexive, interrogative, demonstrative, and relative pronouns; identifying and using the most common prepositions; identifying and using comparison of adjectives; and identifying and using the formation of adverbs.
The content of French II includes teaching students to follow specific directions given in the target language, and to understand main ideas after listening to presentations on familiar topics. Students learn to speak in the target language using basic sentence patterns correctly, read a variety of materials in the target language, and demonstrate writing skills in the target language. Each unit introduces cultural aspects and events, verbs and verb tenses, sentence structure, oral and written practice.
As a result of successfully completing this course, you will:
- Be able to talk about their daily activities using a wide range of vocabulary and reflexive verbs
- Use two verbs together
- Talk about what they like to do in their free time
- Review use direct and indirect object pronouns
- Learn to talk about activities in the past
- Learn to talk about preparing for a trip and taking a trip
- Learn to talk about their homes and things they do in the different areas of their homes
- Learn to talk about buying things in French
- Learn additional vocabulary that will help them converse in the French speaking world
- Learn a variety of grammatical structures that will help them transfer knowledge to other areas they desire to talk about in French
- Module 1: La Routine
- Module 2: Les Animaux
- Module 3: Les Distractions
- Module 4: Le Corps
- Module 5: La Description
- Module 6: La Maison
- Module 7: Les Achats
- Module 8: Les Loisirs
- Module 9: Le Temps Libre
- Module 10: Le Transport
There is no textbook required for this course. All instructional content is available online within the course.
For reference purposes:
Discovering French (Blanc), Publisher: McDougal Littell, ISBN: 9780669435016
Recording software provided through local school, Internet Access, Headset, Microphone,French-English Dictionary.