PTI307: Imaging Software App (2010-2011)
CURRICULUM PROGRAM: Career and Technical Education
COURSE TITLE: Imaging Software Applications
CALENDAR YEAR: 2010-2011
GRADE LEVEL: 9-12
COURSE LENGTH: 18 weeks
Major Concepts/Content: Imaging Software Applications provides students witht he opporutnity to develop professional level skills in imaging software.
Major Instructional Activities: Instruction will be provided in a lab utilizing individualized instruction and electronic learning services. Students successfully completing this course may be eligible to take an Adobe associate level certification exam.
Major Evaluative Techniques: Assessment will be accomplished by checking student work in progress to ensure that each student adheres to the timelines throughout the course and that the assignments are successfully completed. In addition, objective and problem-sovling tests, projects or other means deemed appropriate by the facilitator may be used.
Course Objectives: Upon completion of the selected application, students will be able to demonstrate the following essential objectives:
- Use imaging software to demonstrate a through understanding of file formates; using the owrk area and work spaces; importing, exporting and saving; working with sections; creating and using layers; using masks and channels; managing color, adjusting images; drawing and editing; paointing; retouching; using actions; working with type; poutputting to print; and outputting for the web.
- Analyze and evalaute solutions.
- Maintain files apprpriately
- Demonstrate an understanding of security and risks.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of operating systems.
- Demonstrate information literacy skills.
- Understanding the concepts of ethical issues as related to information systems (e.q. privacy, property, and access).