PTB102: Bus Ent AB (2013-2014)
CURRICULUM PROGRAM: Career and Technical Education
COURSE TITLE: Business Enterprise AB
CALENDAR YEAR: 2013-2014
GRADE LEVEL: 6-8
COURSE LENGTH: 18 weeks
Major Concepts/Content: Business Enterprise introduces students to the world of work-its expectations, demand for skills, flow-of-activity, performance standards and need for interpersonal skills. The first nine weeks concentrate on developing these capabilities; the second nine weeks set up a cooperative business simulation or an actual business in which students apply the skills in different work roles.
Major Instructional Activities: Instructional activities in each of the learning units will combine traditional instruction, individualized learning assignments, electronic learning services, and job experience. In the simulation or the actual business, peer instruction will be utilized by the managers as supervisor and by students training other students in new job assignments.
Major Evaluative Techniques: Students will be required to demonstrate understanding and skills in the learning units through objective and problem-solving tests. In the business simulation or the actual business experience, the students’ evaluation will be based on the business enterprise performance.
Course Objectives: Upon completion of the course, students should be able to
- Demonstrate job application skills by producing cover letters, completing job applications, describing interview skills and completing an individualized interview.
- Demonstrate skills generally useful in the world of work.
- Apply effective work habits.
- Make career decisions.
- Demonstrate improved career capabilities.
- Implement career plans.
- Demonstrate positive attitudes and values toward work.