PTP3060T: Java 2 (2013-2014)
CURRICULUM PROGRAM: Virtual School Program
COURSE TITLE: Java Programming II
CALENDAR YEAR: 2013-2014
GRADE LEVEL: 9-12
COURSE LENGTH: 18 weeks
Java Programming II prepares students for careers in the IT industry. The course sequence focuses on advanced duties and tasks performed by professionals in computer programming as well as pre-employment and employment skills.
Programming in Java II is a one-semester course that continues to teach students Java programming concepts using a structured approach. Students will develop Java applications and applets. Problem solving and program documentation will be emphasized.
PTP306 Java Programming II Course Description
As a result of successfully completing this course, students will:
- analyze a problem;
- design a solution;
- write the program needed to solve the problem; and
- test the program and make the necessary corrections in the program.
- Usage of Objects
- Object Types
- Careers in the Information Technology Industry
- Advanced Data Types
- Arrays File Input and File Output
- Arrays of Objects
- Objects of Arrays
- Inheritance, Polymorphism, and Abstract Classes
- Sun’s Java Development Kit
Textbook: There is no textbook required for this course. All of the instructional content is available online within the course.