PTI3030T: Word Proc (2013-2014)
CURRICULUM PROGRAM: Virtual School Program
COURSE TITLE: Word Processing Software App
CALENDAR YEAR: 2013-2014
GRADE LEVEL: 9-12
COURSE LENGTH: 18 weeks
About the Program:
Word Processing Software Applications prepares students for careers in business. The course sequence focuses on duties and tasks performed by professionals using word processing software as well as pre-employment and employment skills.
Major Concepts/Content: Word Processing Software Applications provides students with the opportunity to develop professional level skills in word processing software. Skills taught include creating, customizing, managing and organizing documents by using formatting and visual content that is appropriate for the information presented. This may include reviewing, sharing, and securing content.
The course will review many topics, including:
- Module 0 - Course Introduction
- Module 1 - Intro to Computers and Word Processing
- Module 2 - Adding and Editing Content in a Document
- Module 3 - Inserting and Formatting Content
- Module 4 - Inserting, Linking and Modifying Objects
- Module 5 - Using Advanced Tools
- Module 6 - Display and Accessibility
- Module 7 - Create for an Audience Semester Final
Textbook: The textbook we use throughout the course is a digital textbook located in the online classroom. Please note: this is our main text, however if you are provided with an additional textbook or workbook from your “home” school by all means use them to support your understanding of the concepts presented.
Software: The focus of this course will be the use of Microsoft Office Word to produce a variety of documents.
Course Notes: For Certification