Department of Defense Education Activity (DoDEA) has issued a policy for Gifted Education, Regulation 2590.1 that requires all schools to:
- Identify students who may evidence giftedness in intellectual ability, academic performance, or the arts.
- Provide differentiated learning experiences for identified students.
This Tutorial will help DoDEA educators become familiar with Gifted Education identification procedures.
- Description: Learn how to use this tutorial
- Goals: Review the purpose of the tutorial
- Resources: Find out where to get additional help
- Module 1: What is giftedness? Who are gifted students?
- Module 2: What are the requirements of Regulation 2590.1?
- Module 3: What is the identification process?
- Module 4: Who makes decisions on student eligibility for gifted education services?
- Checkpoint 1: Check your understanding of giftedness and gifted students.
- Checkpoint 2: Check what you know about the essential components of Regulation 2590.1.
- Checkpoint 3: Check what you know about the steps in the identification process.
- Checkpoint 4: Check what you know about the Gifted Review Committee’s decision-making process.
DoDEA Gifted Education Services
4800 Mark Center Drive
Alexandria, VA 22350-1400