DoDEA Europe Schools
Diversity Management and Equal Opportunity
DoDEA Europe, Office of the Director
APO, AE 09136
DoDEA Europe EEO Specialist:
From U.S.: 011 (49) 611-143-545-1914
DSN: (314) 545-1914
DoDEA Europe EEO Counselor:
From U.S.: 011 (49) 611-545-1915
DSN: (314) 545-1915
DMEO: Frequently Asked Questions
- What is employment discrimination?
- When one distinguishes or differentiates between people on the basis of their protected class with respect to a term, condition, or privilege of employment.
- What are the protected classes?
- The protected classes are age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, reprisal, sex, and genetic information.
- How old must a person be to have standing to file an age discrimination complaint?
- You must be at least 40 years old to have standing to file an age discrimination complaint.
- How long do I have to initiate an EEO complaint if I believe that I have been discriminated against?
- You must contact the DoDEA Europe EEO office within 45 days of the incident you believe to be discriminatory. If you delay in contacting the EEO office your complaint can be dismissed for untimely contact.
- Can I contact the EEO office on my local base?
- No. You must contact the DoDEA Europe EEO office to initiate an EEO complaint. Base EEO officers cannot process an EEO complaint for DODEA employees.
- What is EEO counseling and what does an EEO counselor do?
- EEO counseling focuses on fact-finding with emphasis on resolving the matter in dispute. EEO counseling is completed no later than 30 after an employee’s initial contact with the EEO office. The EEO Counselor serves as a bridge between the employee and management. We put forth considerable effort in resolving matters in dispute. A complaint is resolved when disputants reach a mutual understanding of the issue(s) and agree on a mutually satisfactory outcome.