The role of the DoDEA School Library Information Center program is to support the DoDEA mission of preparing military children for success in a global environment. This mission is achieved by:
- Providing access to print and non-print resource materials that are aligned to the DoDEA curriculum;
- Facilitating library services and literacy programming that fosters a love of reading;
- Defining the essential information literacy skills required for student achievement in the 21st century; and
- Collaborating with educators to design learning strategies and deliver instruction that meets the needs of the military child.
Information Literate Students Will:
- Inquire, think critically, and gain knowledge
- Draw conclusions, make informed decisions, apply knowledge to new situations, and create new knowledge
- Share their knowledge and understandings with others and participate ethically and productively as members of our democratic society
- Pursue personal and aesthetic growth
School Library Catalog
Yokosuka Base Library Catalog
For login and passwords please click here.