- "Whenever you're in conflict with someone, there is one factor that can make the difference between damaging your relationship and deepening it. That factor is attitude."
- “You can’t shake hands with a clenched fist.”
- “When you negotiate an agreement, you must remember that you are also negotiating a relationship.”
- “One day we must come to see that peace is not merely a distant goal that we seek but a means by which we arrive at that goal.”
Martin Luther King Jr.
- “We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.”
- “When I am getting ready to reason with a man, I spend one-third of my time thinking about myself and what I am going to say and two-thirds about him and what he is going to say.”
- “Seek first to understand, then to be understood.”
Stephen R. Covey
a. Interest-based negotiation
c. Difficult conversations
Law and Policy