Internal Audit Operations
Internal Review; Mission and Scope of Work:.
The mission of the Internal Review team is to provide independent, objective assurance and consulting services to add value and improve DoDEA's operations. It helps DoDEA accomplish its mission and objective by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
The scope of work of the internal review team is to determine if DoDEA's enterprise risk management, control, and governance processes, as designed and represented by management, is adequate an functioning in a manner to ensure:
- Risks are appropriately identified and managed;
- Significant financial and operating (non-financial) programs are in compliance with applicable laws, regulation, and policies;
- Resources are acquired economically, used efficiently, and adequately protected;
- Organizational objectives area achieved; and
- Quality and continuous improvement are fostered in the organization's control process.
EXTERNAL AUDIT MANAGEMENT
The Office of Investigations and Internal Review serves as the liaison and coordinator of DoDEA's audit activities with the Government Accountability Office (GAO), DoDIG, and other external audit-related groups.
The Office of Investigations and Internal Review participates with DoDEA's managers in the development of responses to GAO and Department of Defense Inspector General audit recommendations; to ensure that responses and commitments conform to current DoDEA policies and positions. The office tracks the status of all audit recommendations until they are concluded; prepares periodic status reports (sources of recommendations, number of recommendations made, number concluded, etc.); and analyzes the programs intended actions in relation to previously agreed-upon management commitments.