DoDEA OSS: Helpful Lists: Phone Security Overseas
- Learn some of the local language so you can answer the phone in the manner that
is customary in your location.
- Memorize your parents'/sponsors' work and cell phone numbers so you can call them
- Use a PIN number to lock your cell phone so that even if it is stolen, thieves cannot run
up a large phone bill. Often thieves are more interested in brief access to your phone
service than the phone itself.
- Consider carefully what information you save on your cell phone. If it would be too
embarrassing or too great a loss if it fell into someone else's hands, avoid storing it.
- Overseas, the local emergency number might not be 911, so learn how to call for help.
115 Fire Dept.
155 Fire Dept.
|Korea||119 Medical or Fire Dept.
|Japan||119 Medical or Fire Dept.
Back to Helpful Lists Page