DoDEA OSS: Helpful Lists: Travel Safety Tips
- Book non-stop flights.
- Choose window seats in the middle of the passenger cabin.
- Travel light and take only what you need.
- Keep valuable things, like your ID, passport, and birth certificate in a safe place.
- Know where to go if you need immediate help (safe havens: i.e. a police station,
military installation or bank).
- At the airport, keep your baggage with you until it's checked in.
- Do not pick up baggage that does not belong to you.
- Do not accept packages that strangers attempt to give you.
- Don't talk about your travel plans where others can hear you.
- Don't discuss your travel itinerary with strangers.
Back to Helpful Lists Page