Japan District Seal

DSN: 225-3940
From off base: 0425-52-2511-53940
To register your child(ren) for school please bring the required forms listed below to the school registrar located at the front office of the school your child(ren) will be attending. Please note that your child's school zone and subsequently the school he or she can enroll is determined based on your housing assignment provided to you when you arrive in Japan.

Military father ringing in the SY with daughter.Parents with students ALREADY registered for the current school year will need to re-register their child(ren) for each new school year.

Registration vs. Pre-Registration

Pre-Register your child(ren) Online
DoDEA offers online pre-registration in order to reduce the waiting time for registration on site. However, pre-registration does NOT complete the registration process, nor can it be used to re-register a student.

Entrance Age

Kindergarten students must be five years old on or before September 1st of the current calendar year to be eligible to register for the upcoming school year.

First Grade students must be six years old on or before September 1st of the current calendar year to be eligible to register for the upcoming school year.


Required DoDDS Japan Documentation for School Registration

Required Registration Forms
       Registration Packet (updated Mar 2015)
  • Set of Sponsor's PCS orders with command sponsorship of the student. (Letter of Employment for civilian sponsors.)
  • Passport or Birth Certificate

Bring these Previous School Records when Registering Student:
  • Copy/Official Transcript
    Copy of withdrawal grade with grading system from previous school.
  • Copy of IEP (Individual Educational Plan), if applicable
  • Copy of Standardized Test Scores, if applicable
  • Copy of Current Schedule (for high school students)
  • Copy of School Profile (for high school students)
  • Copy of Student Handbook (helpful for new school to use in interpreting transcripts)

* When you first arrive in Japan your child will temporarily attend the school that is zoned for your Temporary Billeting/Quarters. When you know where you will be living (on or off base), there is a possibility that your child could be moved to another school, unless you live in the same zoned area.

DoDEA Privacy Notice

School Registrars
Registrar Office
 Arnn ES (Sagamihara, Camp Zama)
 Byrd ES (Negishi Heights, CFA Yokosuka)
 K-5  242-4815 Registrar.ByrdES@pac.dodea.edu
 Cummings ES (Misawa AB)
 K-6  226-2647 Registrar.CummingsES@pac.dodea.edu
 Darby ES (Hario Housing Area, CFA Sasebo)
 K-6  252-8800
 Edgren HS (Misawa AB)
 7-12  226-4377 Registrar.EdgrenMHS@pac.dodea.edu
 Ikego ES (Ikego Housing Area, CFA Yokosuka)
 K-3  246-8320 Registrar.IkegoES@pac.dodea.edu
 King M/HS (CFA Sasebo)  7-12  252-3059 Registrar.KingMHS@pac.dodea.edu
 Kinnick HS (CFA Yokosuka)
 9-12  243-7392 Registrar.KinnickHS@pac.dodea.edu
 Lanham ES (NAF Atsugi)
 K-6  264-3261 Registrar.LanhamES@pac.dodea.edu
 Mendel ES (Yokota AB)
 K-5  225-5503 Registrar.MendelES@pac.dodea.edu
 Perry ES (MCAS Iwakuni)  K-6  253-3327 Registrar.PerryES@pac.dodea.edu
 Perry M/HS (MCAS Iwakuni)  7-12  253-4503
 Sasebo ES (CFA Sasebo)
 Sollars ES (Misawa AB)
 Sullivans ES (CFA Yokosuka)
 Yokosuka MS (CFA Yokosuka)
Yokota HS (Yokota AB)
 9-12  225-7018 Registrar.YokotaHS@pac.dodea.edu
 Yokota MS (Yokota AB)
 Yokota West ES (Yokota AB)  K-5  225-7611 Registrar.YokotaWestES@pac.dodea.edu
 Zama HS (Camp Zama)
 9-12  263-3181
 Zama MS (Camp Zama)