To register your child(ren) for school please bring the required forms listed below to the school registrar located at the front office of the school your child(ren) will be attending. Please note that your child's school zone and subsequently the school he or she can enroll is determined based on your housing assignment provided to you when you arrive in Japan.
Parents with students ALREADY registered for the current school year will need to re-register their child(ren) for each new school year.
Registration vs. Pre-RegistrationPre-Register your child(ren) Online
DoDEA offers online pre-registration in order to reduce the waiting time for registration on site. However, pre-registration does NOT complete the registration process, nor can it be used to re-register a student.
Kindergarten students must be five years old on or before September 1st of the current calendar year to be eligible to register for the upcoming school year.
Required Registration FormsRegistration Packet (updated Mar 2014)
- Set of Sponsor's PCS orders with command sponsorship of the student. (Letter of Employment for civilian sponsors.)
- Passport or Birth Certificate
Bring these Previous School Records when Registering Student:
- Copy/Official Transcript
Copy of withdrawal grade with grading system from previous school.
- Copy of IEP (Individual Educational Plan), if applicable
- Copy of Standardized Test Scores, if applicable
- Copy of Current Schedule (for high school students)
- Copy of School Profile (for high school students)
- Copy of Student Handbook (helpful for new school to use in interpreting transcripts)
* When you first arrive in Japan your child will temporarily attend the school that is zoned for your Temporary Billeting/Quarters. When you know where you will be living (on or off base), there is a possibility that your child could be moved to another school, unless you live in the same zoned area.
DoDEA Privacy Notice
| Arnn ES (Sagamihara, Camp Zama)
| Byrd ES (Negishi Heights, CFA Yokosuka)
| Cummings ES (Misawa AB)
| Darby ES (Hario Housing Area, CFA Sasebo)
| Edgren HS (Misawa AB)
| Ikego ES (Ikego Housing Area, CFA Yokosuka)
|King M/HS (CFA Sasebo)||7-12||252-3059||Registrar.KingMHS@pac.dodea.edu|
| Kinnick HS (CFA Yokosuka)
| Lanham ES (NAF Atsugi)
| Mendel ES (Yokota AB)
|Perry ES (MCAS Iwakuni)||K-6||253-3327||Registrar.PerryES@pac.dodea.edu|
|Perry M/HS (MCAS Iwakuni)||7-12|| 253-4503
| Sasebo ES (CFA Sasebo)
| Sollars ES (Misawa AB)
| Sullivans ES (CFA Yokosuka)
| Yokosuka MS (CFA Yokosuka)
|Yokota HS (Yokota AB)
| Yokota MS (Yokota AB)
|Yokota West ES (Yokota AB)||K-5||225-7611||Registrar.YokotaWestES@pac.dodea.edu|
| Zama HS (Camp Zama)
| Zama MS (Camp Zama)