Welcome to the Daegu High School Information Center Homepage
The role of the DoDEA School Library Information Center program is to support the DoDEA mission of preparing military children for success in a global environment. This mission is achieved by:
• Providing access to print and non-print resource materials that are aligned to the DoDEA curriculum;
• Facilitating library services and literacy programming that fosters a love of reading;
• Defining the essential information literacy skills required for student achievement in the 21st century; and
• Collaborating with educators to design learning strategies and deliver instruction that meets the needs of the military child.
Information Literate Students Will:
1. Inquire, think critically, and gain knowledge
2. Draw conclusions, make informed decisions, apply knowledge to new situations, and create new knowledge
3. Share their knowledge and understandings with others and participate ethically and productively as members of our democratic society
4. Pursue personal and aesthetic growth
School Catalog: http://slicclassic.dodea.edu/search~S51
HS Electronic Databases
ComputersThe Information Center is equipped with 25 computers with Internet access. At school, the computers are used for instructional rather than recreational purposes. Students may have access to the Internet after they and their parents sign a DoDEA Internet Access Agreement.
Student & Family UseA student may use the Information Center before school and during the school day with a pass from a teacher.
Most books circulate for a period of two weeks. Family check out is also available. It is the responsibility of a student to return materials when due. Failure to do so can result in suspension of privileges. Lost or missing book policy requires hardback replacements of the same book. Student academic records cannot be cleared if materials are owed in the library.
Guidelines for use of the Information Center
Find out more about each area of Curriculum on the DoDEA Headquarters website:
Find out more about the different programs offered in DoDEA's curriculum on our Headquarters' website: