Welcome to the Osan American Elementary School Information Center Homepage
The role of the DoDEA School Library Information Center program is to support the DoDEA mission of preparing military children for success in a global environment. This mission is achieved by:
• Providing access to print and non-print resource materials that are aligned to the DoDEA curriculum;
• Facilitating library services and literacy programming that fosters a love of reading;
• Defining the essential information literacy skills required for student achievement in the 21st century; and
• Collaborating with educators to design learning strategies and deliver instruction that meets the needs of the military child.
Information Literate Students Will:
1. Inquire, think critically, and gain knowledge
2. Draw conclusions, make informed decisions, apply knowledge to new situations, and create new knowledge
3. Share their knowledge and understandings with others and participate ethically and productively as members of our democratic society
4. Pursue personal and aesthetic growth
School Catalog: http://slicclassic.dodea.edu/search~S135
The purpose of the Information/Media Center is to support the entire school curriculum and to reflect the philosophy, goals, and objectives of our school. The Information Center provides support in intellectual and physical access to information as well as provides students opportunities to expand their world by using various media and technology resources.
Information SpecialistThe information specialist informs students and teachers of the resources available in the Information Center (IC) and instructs them in proper use of these materials. They also correlate the IC instructional program with classroom instruction projects.
Teachers may check out unlimited materials for an unlimited period of time
Kindergarten and First Grade students may check out one book at a time.
Students in Second and Third Grades may check out two books at a time.
Students in Fourth and Fifth Grades may check out three books at a time.
Parents, who have an application on file, may check out up to four books.
Exceptions can be made for special class projects.
Books may be renewed once in a two week time period. The student must bring the book to the library that they wish to renew it. Students/parents will not be able to check out additional books until any overdue book(s) has been returned. Computers in the information center can be used by students for reference work, class projects, and Scholastic Reading Counts quizzes.
Computers and internet access are provided for school purposes only. They may not be accessed for personal use.
Find out more about each area of Curriculum on the DoDEA Headquarters website:
Find out more about the different programs offered in DoDEA's curriculum on our Headquarter's website: