A safe and secure learning environment through the judicious application of school rules must exist if learning is to occur. Good order and discipline are important components to a safe and secure learning environment. School rules apply while at school and at all extracurricular activities and while on any form of transportation to or from an extracurricular activity. Three cameras that also record conversations monitor all behavior on busses.
Teachers may establish their own classroom rules in their course syllabi, and students are expected to obey these rules as well.
View some details on our school policies by clicking one of the pages to the right.
School Rules Overview
- Under no circumstances are any types of weapons or items that can be used as a weapon allowed at school. These include firearms, pellet guns, replica firearms, knives, explosives, or other dangerous objects of no reasonable use to the student that can cause harm to others. Possession of any of these items on the school campus will result in expulsion from school.
- Fighting, horseplay, play fighting, or scuffling are prohibited and can result in suspension from school.
- Behavior that infringes on the safety or physical or mental well-being of another student will not be tolerated. No student is allowed to bully, harass or intimidate another student through words or actions. Prohibited behaviors include direct physical contact such as hitting or shoving, verbal assaults such as teasing, name-calling, or spreading rumors, and social isolation or manipulation.
- Any form of academic dishonesty will result in a grade of zero for the test, quiz, or assignment, and a Saturday School detention for the first offense. Repeated offenses will result in more serious disciplinary measures.
- Vandalism of school property is strictly prohibited. Any damage done to any school property will be reported to the military police for command action and monetary restitution for damages.
- All electronic devices, such as cell phones, music players, cameras, electronic games, or beepers, are not allowed to be used at school. If visible in school, they will be confiscated and returned only to a parent or guardian. Any electronic device confiscated will result in a Saturday School detention. The school assumes no liability for valuable electronic devices that are brought to school and are lost or stolen.
- Bicycles and scooters may not be used on school grounds; skateboards are not allowed at school.
- Public displays of affection (except for hand-holding) are not allowed on campus.
- Eating and drinking are not allowed in the building before, between, or after classes. The policy is enforced throughout all classrooms. The only beverage allowed for hydration is water. Students may bring their water bottles into class.