DoDEA’s top priority for its students is College and Career Readiness. This website contains information and resources for parents about this important program focused on student success.
It is commonly said that the goal of high school is to ensure all students graduate "college and career ready." What does "College and Career Ready" mean? Simply put, "college and career readiness" refers to the content knowledge and skills high school graduates must have in literacy and mathematics - including, but not limited to, reading, writing communications, teamwork, critical thinking and problem solving - to be successful in any and all future endeavors.
Of course, a student's readiness for college and careers depends on more than knowledge in all subject areas. To be successful after high school, all graduates must possess the knowledge, habits and skills that can only come from a rigorous, rich, and well0runded Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 12 education. ALL high school graduates need to be prepared for some postsecondary education and/or training if they are to have options and opportunities in the job market.
- College and career readiness in DoDEA is grounded in College and Career Ready Standards
- College and Career Ready Standards in the areas of mathematics and literacy set a foundation for even greater student success and growth.
- College and Career Ready Standards set grade-by-grade learning expectations for students in grades K-12.
- College and Career Ready Standards establish clear, consistent and high learning goals and are more focused on preparing students for success in college and careers.
- The continuity of College and Career Ready Standards presents an extraordinary opportunity for academic development.
- The College and Career Ready Standards are identical in the majority of states.
- College and Career Ready Standards support a cohesive education for the highly-mobile military-connected student.
- No matter where or when they move, our students will know that the standards and expectations remain consistent.