Enrollment eligibility for dependents of DoD personnel assigned to an overseas area is governed by the provisions of DoDEA Regulation 1342.13, "Eligibility Requirements for Education of Elementary and Secondary School-age Dependents in Overseas Areas," February 29, 2008, as amended.
DoDEA Regulation 1035.1, "Use of Non-DoD Schools," August 14, 2003, contains the policy, responsibilities, and guidelines for the education of eligible dependents of DoD personnel at overseas locations where there are no DoDEA schools.
- Sponsor must be assigned to a location and reside outside the commuting area of a DoDEA school.
- Dependent must be command-sponsored; orders or supporting documentation must state that the dependent is authorized to be with the sponsor at the duty location.
- Sponsor must be a military Service member serving on active duty and stationed overseas on permanent change of station (PCS) orders or a civilian employee of the DoD who is employed in a PCS full-time position, stationed overseas, and is either a citizen or a national of the U.S.
- Sponsor must be authorized to transport dependent(s) to or from an overseas area at the expense of the government.
- Sponsor must receive an allowance for living quarters in that area, with the "at family" or "with dependent" rate.
NOTE: Sponsors who are filling a T-20 billet, including positions with the Security Assistance Office, Foreign Military Sales or Office of Defense Corporation, must register, be accepted into the NDSP, and follow NDSP policy/guidelines. Contact your command's budget office for payment of the tuition and fees. Please click the links below for further assistance.
How To Register
Eligibility and approval must be obtained from the NDSP office prior to enrolling a child in a Non-DoD school. For first-time family registration, adding a new dependent, or moving to another NDSP duty location, review the procedure for Initial Registration.