Payment and Reimbursements
Upon receipt of your eligibility e-mail notification regarding your dependent's enrollment in the NDSP, you are responsible for organizing the submission of invoices to NDSP for payment purposes. Although a number of options for the submission of invoices exist at different locations, you are ultimately responsible for submitting the invoices. See which option works best for your location. Payment of fees to a school or personal reimbursement is initiated once you have arrived at the overseas duty location. Always check with your DoD NDSP Liaison at your post location to determine if a procedure already exists regarding the submission of invoices.
Visit the NDSP Invoice Processing Office to submit your invoice to the appropriate office depending upon your location.
Key Points To Remember
- Claims must be submitted following the government Fiscal Year (FY).
- A fiscal year begins on 01 October and ends the following 30 September. For example, FY16 begins 01 October 2015 and ends on 30 September 2016.
- When submitting authorized expenses through e-mail, please include the name of the country in the 'subject line'.
- Online using MilitaryOneSource, or
- Call 1 (800) 342-9647.
- Personal reimbursements will be paid in dollars only using the bank information on file with the Defense Finance and Accounting Services (DFAS).
- If needed, use the Oanda website for the currency conversion rate.
- Invoice - detailed list of goods or services rendered; an itemized bill.
- Receipt- An itemized bill that has been marked as having been paid.
Visit DSSR Education Allowance to understand the Department of State Standardized Regulation (DSSR) education rate.
To learn more about authorized and unauthorized expenses, please click the following links: