In addition to interacting with your online instructor, a facilitator/mentor provides monitoring as needed to ensure student success and serves as a liaison between the online teacher(s) and student. Facilitators provide support by:
- Encouraging students to communicate with instructors, to stay on task, and to meet course deadlines.
- Communicating with DVHS instructor(s), local administration and counselors regarding student status (i.e. extended absences or illness, extenuating circumstances, withdrawal).
- Being located in the same classroom/area where students are participating in coursework via computers.
- Monitoring DVHS student progress via grade reports and take an interest in the student's progress in the course.
- Proctoring assessments to include tests and exams.
- Liaising with parents and communicate as appropriate to DVHS staff.
- Providing limited technical assistance as appropriate and coordinate with Educational Technologists (local and DVHS) as needed.