Students enrolled in Fort Knox Schools are eligible to ride the school bus based on the distance of their residence from their assigned school and grade level.
- Elementary school students that live 1 mile or more from their assigned school.
- Middle and High school students that live 1.5 miles or more from their assigned school.
Bus routes are available from your child's school.
Bus transportation is provided for Fort Knox Schools by Taylor Motors.
- A signed Student Bus Transportation Request and Agreement must accompany the student on the first day of transportation to establish rider privilege and school bus roster integrity.
- Bus stops are limited, where feasible, so that students from several homes can meet safely at a central point for group pickup and Taylor Motors or Ft Knox Contract Manager/Transportation Director determines bus stop locations.
- Bus schedules will be prepared annually by the Director of Transportation. and provided to The Gold Standard, an on-base news publication prior to the start of each school year.
- Copies of all pertinent bus schedules will be distributed to each school and a master file maintained in the transportation office.
- The Director of Transportation may make changes to the schedule when deemed appropriate and shall promptly advise all persons concerned.
Children with Special Needs Transportation
Transportation for special education students will be provided in accordance with the law. Transportation for a student with a disability will be provided if the CSC team determines that such transportation is necessary as a related service due to the student's disability.
- Door-to-door transportation is provided for special needs children.
- It is the parent's responsibility to notify Taylor Motors Inc. if the
special needs child will not be attending school on a certain day.
- A strict schedule is maintained by the drivers so that all children
arrive at school on time and to ensure the health and safety of
- Drivers are instructed to sound their horns upon arrival, sound it again after 1 minute has elapsed, and then leave unless otherwise notified by the Transportation Office.
- Transportation services will be discontinued following the third day of a child's absence from school. Parents must call the Transportation Office at 502-942-9557 to resume transportation.
- Parent(s)s or an authorized representative must be present to receive children returning from school. Children will not be left at a house without a parent or representative to greet them and will be taken back to their school. The parent/guardian is responsible for picking up those students at their school
Pre-K/Kindergarten Program Transportation
Transportation for Pre-K age students and Kindergarten age students is provided.
- Pick up times are varied from normal bus routes although similarly there are morning, mid-day and afternoon routes.
- Parent(s) or an authorized representative must be present to receive children returning from school. Students will not be left at a house without a parent or representative to greet them and will be taken back to their school. The parent/guardian is responsible for picking up those students at their school.
After School Activity Buses
Bus service will be provided for high/middle school students who participate in after school activities. The activity buses transport from the loading/unloading area of FKHS. All students must have a bus pass to board an activity bus.