If you are a Registered Nurse with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing and interested in becoming a substitute school nurse please go to the online Employment Application System (EAS). When completing the application you MUST indicate that you are interested in intermittent and temporary employment to be considered for this intermittent/temporary vacancy.
Tuesdays are Early Release days
|Regular Hours||Tuesday Hours|
|Office Hours||0700 - 1600|
|School Hours||0745 - 1415||0745 - 1315|
There are no upcoming events within the next 5 days. For a complete list of events please see the full calendar.
As a part of Continuous School Improvement process, Andersen Middle School has established our own vision statement through input from the students, staff, parents, and the community. This vision statement is the basis for establishing priorities which aid in decision-making.
At AMS, we believe all students are entitled to learn in a safe, positive and supportive environment allowing them to reach their highest academic and behavioral success. As our mascot is the DRAGON, Andersen Middle School has identified 5 guiding principles to support Dragon Pride. Classroom and school wide expectations for behavior are based on these principles. Keeping in mind that our motto is Dragon Pride Starts Inside, the Principles and supporting characteristics are based on the acronym P.R.I.D.E. The principles and characteristics are:
Preparation - Responsibility - Integrity - Determination - Excellence (P.R.I.D.E.)
Preparation - Be ready to learn and participate in my education.
* Bring all necessary materials to every class.
* Complete and turn in work and homework by the due date.
* Dress according to the school dress code.
Responsibility - Be responsible for my learning and the learning of those around me.
* Dress, behave, and speak in a manner that demonstrates respect to other students, staff and visitors.
* Be punctual to each class and designated activity.
* Have and maintain the student agenda.
Integrity - Do the right thing even when no one is watching.
* Be accountable for my actions and the consequences that follow.
* Respect intellectual property rights when completing all assignments.
* Respect the cultural diversity of our student body and community.
* Respect personal property of others and public property of the school.
Determination - Exhibit a determined attitude to do my best in all tasks.
* Set behavior and academic goals.
* Show effort and try even when the task is difficult.
* Exhibit persistence and dedication to all tasks to achieve the end results.
Excellence - Push myself to achieve excellence in all I do!
All students should follow examples of behaviors promoted by the guiding principles at all times, including before school, at dismissal, and all school sponsored events and trips. Dragon behavior represents the whole school as well as visitors in the community.
Students will improve their Major Content performance of written expressions and equations by 3 percentage points in each grade level as prescribed by CCRSM standards in one academic school year.
Improve written expression by 3 percentage points in each grade level through compare and contrast writing using text based evidence as prescribed by CCRL standards in one academic school year.
All schools in DoDEA Pacific, including Andersen MS are accredited by COGNIA formerly AdvancedEd the parent organization for the North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement (NCA CASI), Northwest Accreditation Commission (NWAC), and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement (SACS CASI).