Department of Defense Education Activity

Phone: 787-707-2461
Fax: 787-707-2429


The DoDEA Online Registration for Students (DORS) is for families registering in schools serviced by Department of Defense Education Activity (DoDEA). DORS reduces manual forms and makes it easy for parents to register their child for school. Before beginning, please take a look at this handy DORS Enrollment Guide.

Schools will notify parents when DORS Re-registration begins. During this process, parents will be able to update contact information, update Sponsor’s employment status, and indicate whether their student will return for SY 22-23. DoDEA parents are required to annually re-register their student(s).

Register a Student

Use this link to start enrolling students in DoDEA schools

DORS is now open with a new and improved look. To begin the DoDEA student registration process, parents/guardians will need to set up a new account:

  • Click on the Register a Student button
  • Click "Request an account" 
  • Select "I am a parent/guardian registering my child online" (even if you already have children in DoDEA)
  • Follow the prompts to complete account setup
  • Log in and read the Announcement to get started

With DORS, you can update your child's information while on the go. DORS makes student re-registration for the following school year faster and more efficient. Please contact your school registrar with any questions.

What you need to know about school registration

To register to attend a DoDEA School the following age requirements must be met.

A child must be:

  • four years old by September 1 to attend pre-kindergarten or Sure Start.
  • five years old by September 1 to enroll in kindergarten.
  • six years old by September 1 to attend first grade.

Overseas and Domestic School Eligibility

DoDEA eligibility & enrollment policies differ for DoDEA's two types of schools: Domestic Schools and Overseas.

Requirements to Attend a DoDEA School - U.S. Territories

DoDEA Schools in U.S. Territories

Eligibility within U.S. Territories (Guam/Puerto Rico)

Eligibility to attend DoDEA Americas schools is outlined in Section 2164 of title 10, United States Code and Department of Defense Instruction (DoDI) 1342.26,"Eligibility Requirements for Minor Dependents to Attend Department of Defense Domestic Dependent Elementary and Secondary Schools." The following information summarizes the eligibility criteria.

Students are eligible to attend on a tuition-free basis if they are dependents of:


DoDEA Schools in Guam and Puerto Rico.

  1. Active duty military members stationed or home-ported in Guam and Puerto Rico, residing in permanent living quarters on or off the military installation, are eligible to attend DoDEA dependents schools in those U.S. territories.
  2. Full-time DoD civilians residing on or off in permanent living quarters on a military installation.
  3. Full-time, professional, excepted service employees stationed in Guam and Puerto Rico and residing in permanent living quarters on or off the military installation.
  4. Deceased member of the Armed Forces who died in the line of duty in a combat-related operation.
  5. Member of foreign armed forces residing in permanent living quarters for any part of the school year.
  1. Dependent children of full-time civilian employees of non-DoD Federal agencies (who are residing in government quarters), If the employing agency certifies that they occupy a position that is subject by policy and practice to transfer AND THE EMPLOYING AGENCY AGREES to reimburse the DoD for the educational services provided.
  2. Dependent students of the West Point Athletic Association (WPAA) contract employees.
  3. Dependent students of full-time civilian employees of the United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement and the United States Customs and Border Protection residing in Puerto Rico.
  4. Dependent students of full-time employees of the American Red Cross residing in Puerto Rico and performing emergency services on behalf of active duty military members.
  • Note: DoDEA Americas schools are not authorized to accept tuition payments from individuals.
  • Note: Residence in permanent living quarters on a military installation served by a DoDEA Americas school program does NOT guarantee eligibility to attend the DoDEA Americas schools. Sponsors are required to meet the criteria listed above, regardless of residence. DoDEA Americas is not authorized to enroll students whose sponsor does not meet the eligibility criteria.
  • Note: DoD Contractors are not eligible to attend DoDEA Americas Schools
Transfer and Withdrawal

Parents or legal guardians must fill out a Withdrawal/Records Request form at least two weeks prior to the student's last day of attendance. If the student is leaving within twenty days of the semester, PCS orders must be submitted to the school. If the student is withdrawing due to Early Return of Dependents, a letter from the sponsor's command must be submitted.

Documentation of Proof of Eligibility - Americas

Once Eligibility has been established you will need to submit the necessary documentation for proof of Eligibility.

New Students

New students registering for enrollment in DoDEA Americas schools in CONUS are required to provide verification of the following:

  • Date of Birth
  • Dependent Status
  • Active Duty Status of Military Sponsor or Employment Status of Civilian Sponsor
  • On-base Housing Assignment

New students registering for enrollment in DoDEA Americas schools in the territories, possessions or commonwealths are required to provide verification of the following:

  • Date of Birth
  • Dependent Status
  • Active Duty Status of Military Sponsor or Employment Status of Civilian Sponsor
  • On-Base Housing Assignment (if used as basis for eligibility)
  • Non-DoD Agency Certification (for non-DoD civilians, only)

Returning Students

Returning students in CONUS must provide verification of the following each school year:

  • Active Duty Status of Military Sponsor or Employment Status of Civilian Sponsor
  • On-Base Housing Assignment

Returning students in the territories, possessions or commonwealths must provide verification of the following each school year:

  • Active Duty Status of Military Sponsor or Employment Status of Civilian Sponsor
  • On-Base Housing Assignment (if used for eligibility purposes)
  • Employment Status and Certification of Non-DoD Civilian Sponsors and Dependents

Documents that may be used for verification of information:

Date of Birth

  • Certified copy of birth certificate
  • Child's passport

Dependent Status

  • Sponsor is listed as biological parent on child's birth certificate
  • Dependent is listed on active duty military sponsor's/DoD civilian's orders
  • Sponsor is named on child's military identification card (ID)
  • Appropriate military service form documenting that the Service recognizes the child as a dependent of this member
  • Approved (Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System) DEERS registration form
  • If the sponsor is a step-parent, and one of the above cannot be provided, the following is required:
    • Child's birth certificate documenting sponsor's spouse is biological parent
    • Custody documents indicating spouse has full custody of child
    • Marriage certificate of sponsor and child's biological parent
  • If neither the sponsor nor spouse are the biological parents of the child, court ordered custody or guardianship documents are required (power of attorney or notarized agreements between biological parents and sponsor are NOT accepted). Note: If court order names only the spouse as guardian or custodian of the child, the sponsor will be required to complete and sign an in loco parentis affidavit (available from the school registrar).

Active Duty Status of Military Sponsor

  • Current orders Permanent Change of Station Orders (PCS) (normally 3 years duration at most locations)
  • Sponsor's active duty identification card (copy of picture side will be retained in the file)
  • Letter from sponsor's command certifying active duty status
  • Current deployment orders

Verification of Housing

  • Housing assignment letter, voucher, or RCI lease agreement (each installation may have specific requirements, please check with registrar)
  • Letter from housing office that housing will be available and offered within 90 school days.

Note: This list is not all inclusive and is subject to modification without notice based on regulatory changes. It is always advisable to check with the registrar at the school or district office prior to registration for the most current, as well as local, requirements. Local districts and schools may require additional documents be submitted during the registration process. Most DoDEA schools list the additional required documents on their websites.

Early Withdrawal - Americas

Moving to Another Location?

While we hate to see you go, we would like to help make your transition as easy as possible.

  1. Please complete the Student Withdrawal / Records Release Form and return to the Student Services Department.
  2. Be sure to speak with your counselor so they can coordinate with the new school if necessary (especially with Juniors and Seniors).  Give as much advance notice as possible.

When Sponsors Move Out of Eligible Quarters

  • Rising seniors (current Juniors) may request continued enrollment by submitting a Good Cause Waiver.
  • Other DoDEA students occasionally may be able to continue their education through the end of a school year even when military sponsors move out of eligible quarters. This is decided on a case-by-case basis and is requested by submitting a Continued Enrollment Request Form.

Withdrawals and Transfers

Upon receiving final notification of your departure from the community, please inform us at least two weeks prior to your actual departure. This notification is needed to prepare your child's report card, transcript (if applicable), attendance records, and other documents. No progress marks are given in any quarter unless the child has attended school for 20 days during that quarter. In the final quarter, no recommendation for grade placement can be given unless the child attends school for 20 days in that quarter.

Elementary school withdrawal is different than higher grades regarding requirements and is based on the 20-day rule. With ten days prior notification, parents are welcome to pick up student records from the office on the last day of student attendance, after 2:30 p.m. The sponsor/spouse must sign for records, provide a copy of orders, and present an I.D. to receive the child's school records.

Official (original) records will be sent upon request by the receiving school. Parents who would like a copy of their child's records for their personal files must personally request an extra set of records to be made when filling out the withdrawal form. We cannot make personal copies without advance notice. It is a requirement to clear all debts (replacement or payment for lost or damaged books, library fines, cafeteria debts, etc.) BEFORE the last day of attendance.

DoDEA Accelerated Withdrawal Policy

Excerpt from policy: The policy therefore requires that students present verification of the date of their sponsor's departure, i.e., Permanent Change of Station (PCS) orders, to school officials in order to receive consideration for full academic credit. Students who withdraw prior to the 20-day limit receive a "withdrawal" grade rather than a final grade. At the elementary school level, administrators may annotate the child's progress report to indicate the student's status.

Speak with a school counselor to request Accelerated withdrawal.

DORS Enrollment Guide

This guide is for parents/guardians enrolling a student into DoDEA schools.

DORS Info Sheet

DoDEA Online Registration for Students info sheet (PDF Download)

Student Registration

Register a student

Enrollment Contacts (Americas)

If you have additional questions regarding eligibility and/or registration for the DoDEA schools please contact either:

DoDEA Americas - Mid-Atlantic District: 910-907-0200

DoDEA Americas - Southeast District: 706-545-7276

The DoDEA Regional Office Eligibility Coordinator
DoDEA Americas Coordinator: (470) 460-2057