Your student requires a laptop or chromebook to participate in the virtual school, as tablets and phones will provide only limited access to the course and its assignments.
If a laptop or chromebook is not available to you, please contact your local school for the equipment necessary to participate in the Virtual School Option.
1. All students need to have an active DoDEA Google account as it will be necessary to access Schoology.
2. The Chrome browser is the recommended browser for DVS K-8 courses.
3. Chromebooks will work with content in the all K-6 courses.
4. Depending on course enrollment Virtual Learning students in grade 7-12 may need a laptop (PC or Mac) rather than a Chromebook.
Students in courses identified below need to use a laptop (PC or Mac) due to software required to complete the course:
6. Some courses contain Microsoft Office files: students can use their DoDEA Student Google account to convert to the approrpiate Google file type.
7. Student devices should to have sound capability and a microphone (internal or headset) to complete many instructional activities and for students to work with their teachers.. A camera (internal or usb) is preferred but not mandatory.
Use the form below to easily locate your DoDEA School. First select your global geographical Region then the corresponding DoDEA Community from the available drop-down menus.