The Department of Defense Education Activity is pleased to announce the DoDEA Employee of the Quarter (EOQ) award program. This program is designed to recognize employees for distinguished or extraordinary service to their organization on a quarterly basis. The EOQ will receive the Director’s Recognition of Excellence Award, which consists of a citation, DoDEA organizational coin, and certificate. The EOQ will also receive a photo displayed in a central location at DoDEA Headquarters DoDEA and on the DoDEA Web site.
This award is open to personnel in accordance with DoDEA AI 1432.01. The basis for the nomination is as follows:
- Performance or service must be exceptional when measured against the position requirements and should far exceed contributions and service of others with comparable responsibilities.
- Typical contributions of employees nominated include unusual efforts or leadership in accomplishing work; contributions to improvement in organizational efficiencies; supervisor customer service; significant contributions to the public good; or creativity and initiative in overcoming challenges and obstacles.
- To qualify, nominees must be assigned to their DoDEA position for the entire quarter on which the nomination is based.
Nomination procedures are as follows:
- Nominations may be submitted by any DoDEA supervisor within the employee’s chain of command, with the District Superintendent’s, or Division Chief’s (GS-15 level or above) endorsement. District Superintendents and Division Chiefs are asked to limit endorsements to one employee each quarter.
- EOQ nominations are due to Nicole Hutcheson, DoDEA Awards Program Manager, Headquarters Labor Management and Employee Relations, for consideration by the DoDEA Incentive Awards Board.
- The DoDEA Incentive Awards Board is established by the DoDEA Director. Each Associate and Regional Director will appoint, in writing, one senior level employee at the GS-14/15 level or equivalent, to serve as their representative. The Director reserves the right to appoint additional board members. The most senior member, with the longest tenure in DoDEA, will serve as the DoDEA Incentive Awards Board Chairperson.
- Nominations are due the first Friday of the following quarter. The nominations for the first quarter of 2019, January through March 2019, will be due April 6, 2019, to be considered.
- The award justification narrative is limited to two pages, single spaced, with 5-6 bullet points numerating specific duty and mission related examples of the nominee’s exceptional accomplishments, achievements, and contributions to the organization and the impact of those contributions.
- The justification should include specific examples of performance or service that are exceptional when measured against position requirements. It should also explain how the performance or service exceeded those of others with comparable responsibilities, and also include the employee’s title, series, grade, and a brief description of the nominee’s duties and responsibilities. Statistical information and/or monetary savings information should be included, when applicable.
The award approval process is as follows: Quarterly, the Incentive Awards Board will review each nomination, endorsed by a District Superintendent or Division Chief, to determine which one nomination best meets the criteria for the award and make a recommendation for the Director’s final approval.
Questions regarding this award program should be sent to the DoDEA Incentive Awards Program Manager.