Department of Defense Education Activity

Student Services


Link to Home Learning and Resources

Student Services, also called Pupil Personnel Services is an integral part of the total education program and includes:

School Nurses ( DoDEA School Health Services)
School Counselors ( DoDEA School Counseling Services)
School Psychologists ( DoDEA School Psychological Services)

The PPS staff members partner with parents, community, students and other educators to assist in creating an educational environment conductive of academic, personal, social and career growth of all students.

Pupil Personnel Services (PPS)

The Pupil Personnel Services (PPS) Staff at Robert D. Edgren Middle/High School includes: the School Nurse, School Counselors, and School Psychologist. Teachers and parents may make referrals to the Case Study Committee (CSC) anytime during the school year. Parents who are interested in support through the Student Support Team (SST) should start with the class where the student is having challenges and the teacher will continue the process for support from this team. Health referrals may be made directly to the School Nurse. All other referrals are made through the school administration, counselor, or Case Study Committee (CSC).    


Case Study Committee (CSC)

In order to implement the Department of Defense Dependent Schools (DoDDS) compliance with Public Law 94-142, Robert D. Edgren Middle/High School has established a Case Study Committee (CSC) for the purpose of developing and implementing appropriate programs and services for students identified with a need for special education. The Case Study Committee (CSC) is responsible for accepting referrals from the classroom teachers and parents, to set up evaluation procedures, and to prepare an Individualized Educational Plan (IEP) for the student who is diagnosed as exceptional, according to the definition of Public Law 94-142 and DoDDS implementing instructions.      


School Nurse

Our school has the services of a School Nurse. A child with a minor injury will receive immediate first aid. Parents will be contacted if the School Nurse deems necessary. In the event of a more serious injury, parents will be notified immediately and an ambulance will be requested from the medical facilities to transport your child to the hospital. It is for this very important reason; we must always have your current telephone number and that of an Emergency Contact Person.  Parents will be requested to come and take a child home whenever he/she becomes ill at school. Parents must come into the school office and sign the student out if he/she leaves early for illness, injury or medical appointment. We ask that parents please keep their child home from school if they have a fever greater than 100.0 degrees F, if they are vomiting, or if they have diarrhea. The student may return to school when they have been fever-free (without the use of fever reducing medicine) or have not been vomiting or had diarrhea for 24 hours. Parents are requested to see our School Nurse each year to update medical records and whenever changes occur during the school year.        



Medication is not allowed at school or on school-sponsored trips without specific, medical provider signed forms.  This includes all prescription and over the counter medications (Ibuprofen, Tylenol, birth control, cold medications, etc…). 

If medication must be taken at school or on a school-sponsored trip by a student, a medical provider and parent/guardian must sign an H-3-2 “Medication during the School Day” form for the school nurse/school personnel to hold and administer the medication.

Prescription medication must be brought to the school nurse by a parent/guardian in the original container, labeled by the pharmacy, stating the name of the student, the medication, reason for administration, dosage, route, time of administration and the date issued. The date of the prescription needs to be a current date.

Prescription medications purchased as an over-the-counter medication and not subject to a pharmacy label, must be brought to the school nurse by a parent/guardian in the original unopened container labeled with the student’s name, date of purchase and reason for administration.

If a student must carry their own medication at school or on a school-sponsored trip (ie: overnight sports trips), an H-3-9 "Student Retention of Medications" form must be filled out by the medical provider and parent/guardian and turned in to the school nurse before the student carries the medication. 

Forms can be found on EagleNet under the Nurse’s tab or at the school nurse’s office.  All medication forms are valid for the current school year only and all medications held in the school nurse’s office must be picked up by a parent/guardian at the end of the year or else they will be disposed of at the medical group.