KAISERSLAUTERN, GERMANY — May 26, 2020 — In direct and close coordination with our local military partners, the decision was made to execute the following graduation plan for our 2020 high school seniors. Please feel free to reach out to the DoDEA contact above with any questions or to volunteer.
June 1, 2020
Senior Recognition Parade @ 1800 - FACEBOOK LIVE EVENT
- Staging for Graduates @ 1730 - Enter Kapun Gate to Europe East DSO Parking Lot
- Motorcade Grand Marshals and DoDEA DV:
- Colonel Edwards, USAG Rheinland-Pfalz Commander
- Colonel Thompson, 86th Mission Support Group Commander
- Dr. Dell McMullen, DoDEA Europe Director for Student Excellence
- One car per graduate - Feel free to DECORATE! And wear your robe
- Parade route will turn left past VRO, and proceed down the hill and through the circle onto Fifth Street (right). Then drive past the Commissary and Chapel, right unto Kansas Street and into the KHS bus lane.
- Senior yard signs and KHS faculty will line the parade route.
- Cars will pass through the KHS bus lane to receive their commemorative T-shirt and, if applicable, their cords and awards.
- The USO will provide families with boxed dinners before exiting the KHS bus gate.
June 2, 2020
1000 - Graduation Ceremony will be hosted via Facebook Live on the Kaiserslautern High School Facebook page. The Ceremony will consist of:
- Principal Welcome
- Salutatorian Speech
- Valedictorian Speech
- Charge to the Graduates
- Recognition of Honor Graduates
- Recognition of Graduates
- Conferring of Degrees
1300-1700 – Diploma Pick-Up: Senior parents will receive a link to sign-up for their diploma pick-up time
Diploma Pick-Up Process:
- The vehicle will enter via Pulaski gate and then proceed on Kansas Street to the KMS entrance of the KHS bus drop off zone near the scoreboard.
- The senior will exit the vehicle just before the stage (stop one).
- As the senior walks to the stage to receive their diploma cover and a picture, the car will roll to the other end of the stage. The professional photographer will provide the photos free of charge. *NOTE* Family is expected to remain in the vehicle.
- The student will enter the car at the opposite end of the stage (stop two) and exit the bus lane onto Fifth Street.
- The vehicle will exit Fifth Street on the right and enter the KHS student pick-up/drop-off lane to receive their diploma and official transcripts (stop three).
- Vehicles will then proceed through the parking lot and onto Fifth Street to exit the base via the Shoppette gate.
*If students opt not to participate in the Diploma Pick-up, their diploma and official transcripts will be mailed on Wednesday, June 3, 2020.
*Maps will be provided to parents and seniors NLT Friday, May 29, 2020.