RAMSTEIN, GERMANY — May 26, 2020 — In direct and close coordination with our local military partners, the decision was made to execute the following graduation plans for our 2020 high school seniors.
Static Display of an aircraft
Dates: May 18 & 19 0900-1500
Location: Ramstein Airbase Hangar 1
Pre-Graduation Photo Opportunity & Book Return/Locker Cleanout
Dates: May 26-May 29 0830-1700
Location: RHS Great Hall Procedures:
Virtual Senior Recognition
Date: June 1 at 1700
Location: Streamed on the RHS YouTube page
Procedures: This is a program organized and run by our Senior Officers meant to recognize the contributions of faculty and community members who have had an impact on the Senior Class. Seniors will present speeches that they have written honoring the individuals selected by the entire Class of 2020.
Virtual Awards Ceremony
Date: June 3 at 1700
Location: Streamed on the RHS YouTube page
Procedures: Gather your family near and far and go to the RHS YouTube page and watch the stream of the 2020 awards. The award broadcast will include a slideshow of award winners and speeches honoring multiple RHS seniors.
Virtual Graduation Ceremony
Date: June 5 at 1300
Location: Streamed on RHS YouTube Page
Procedures: Gather the family and watch the virtual ceremony on YouTube. Graduates should have an Internet-enabled device with a camera near them and be ready to receive a special message to their school Gmail during the airing of the ceremony.
Order of Ceremony:
Date: June 5 at 1800
Location: RHS/Ramstein Airbase
- Graduates should arrive in their caps and gowns.
- Park in the designated parking area (map to follow).
- The graduate only may get out of the car and wait for their turn, following proper physical distance procedures. Graduates must wear masks while waiting.
- The graduate may remove the mask for the photo. The photo will be taken by a professional photographer. The photos will be posted on Ms. Weston’s Google Classroom.
- Please return to your vehicle quickly so that the next graduate has their opportunity to be photographed.
- Using the link below, graduates will sign-up for an appointment to reserve a time.
- Families will park in the RHS parking lot and enter the school through the Senior Hall entrance. Please arrive on time and maintain physical distancing if you arrive early. Masks must be worn when entering the school building.
- One family at a time will be permitted to enter the Great Hall.
- The stage has been decorated. Each graduate will pick up one diploma cover. Students will walk across the stage, parents/family members will be able to take photos and videos of the graduate. Parents may join the graduate on the stage for photos as well. Pomp and Circumstance can be played if the family is interested.
- At the end of the allotted time, families will exit through the Senior Hall door so that the next family may enter.
- If the senior has items to return or pick up, one parent should return the items and clean out the locker at the conclusion of the photo session. Lockers will be unlocked and labeled.
- Pomp and Circumstance with Slideshow
- Presentation of Colors
- National Anthems
- Principal’s Address
- Welcome Address from Class Representative
- Salutatorian Speech
- Valedictorian Speech
- Senior Class Song- RHS Choir
- Keynote Speakers:
- Brigadier General Mark August, Commander, 86th Airlift Wing Ramstein Air Base
- Mr. Josh Adams, DoDEA Europe East Community Superintendent
- Graduation Presentation Slideshow
- Senior Class Message
- Conferring of Graduation
Seniors Only Virtual Dance hosted by RHS Student Council
Date: June 5 at 2000
Location: Google Meet: Link will be in the Senior Google Classroom
OPTIONAL: Get your parents on the dance floor.
- One vehicle per graduate.
- Arrive at the RHS parking lot in time to begin the motorcade at 1800, recommended NLT 1730. The motorcade MUST begin at 1800, we are on a tight schedule and cannot wait for late arrivals.
- Place a nametag in the front window (on the dash) driver’s side of the car so that the parking monitor (Mrs. Bloomer) is able to radio the name of the graduate up to the staff members who will be distributing senior folders (and surprises) to the vehicles. Please make the name large and legible.
- Vehicles will be parked in the bus staging area, 4 per bus slot.
- Families MUST stay in the vehicles while in the staging area and on the motorcade route.
- When signaled, a law enforcement vehicle will lead the motorcade out of the bus area, through the RHS parking lot and down Kisling.
- Teachers have been approved to be positioned along the route to celebrate the graduates. They will be holding signs created by the underclassmen.
- Families should immediately exit through the West Gate and not gather at locations on base. A law enforcement vehicle will be at the end of the motorcade to signal the end of the event.
- Log-in to the Google Meet.
- A live DJ will be broadcasted and special dances coordinated.
- Take the opportunity to virtually celebrate with your friends and classmates.