Department of Defense Education Activity

Ft. Knox MHS: School Meals Program

Click on the Free & Reduced Meals ^^^ Program Tab to apply for the 2020-21 SY

Your Community School Meals Program


The DoDEA Americas School Meals Program is dedicated to building student health and academic achievement in our communities. Daily access to nutritious foods is the foundation for students to reach their full potential.

  • Our program provides parents convenience and reduces stress by providing budget friendly meals that are nutritious, too!
  • Our program is a participant of the USDA National School Lunch Program and School Breakfast Program ensuring the high standards of nutrition of served to your student.
Meal Prices Breakfast Lunch
Full Price Student at High School $1.75 $3.00
Full Price Student PK to 8th  Grade $1.75 $2.85
Reduced Price Student $0.30 $0.40
Adult $2.50 $3.75
  • Holiday meals for all adults will be $6.00 due to rising food costs.

A' la carte items

A'  la carte items are available for purchase at all Schools. These purchases  can be made with cash only at the elementary schools. At the Middle School and  High School these purchase can be made with cash or charged to the students  meal account (only when the account has available funds). Parents who do not want their children to purchase a' la carte items or receive breakfast and lunch meals will need to provide the cafeteria manager/cashier a signed letter removing their child/children from those who are allowed to make a' la carte purchases or receive meals from the cafeteria.

Fort Knox Food Services offers Breakfast & Lunch to every student enrolled. If a parent wishes to opt out of the National School Breakfast and Lunch Program, please sign this Denial of Participation letter and return it to 128 McCracken St. Bldg 7729, Fort Knox, KY.

Ft. Knox MHS

Angela Cummings

School Meals Program

Phone: 502-624-2345 ext 4577

Fort Knox Schools

Gabby Weatherford

School Meals Program: Food Services Director

Phone: 502-624-7912
DSN Phone: 4240/4280

Southeast District

Marie Patti

School Meals Program: District Food Service Director

Phone: 706-545-8264

Free and Reduced Meals Program

Children need healthy meals to learn. DoDEA Schools offer healthy meals every school day. Your children may qualify for free meals or for reduced price meals. The forms to the right include an application for free or reduced price meal benefits, and a set of detailed instructions. Below are some common questions and answers to help you with the application process.

Who can get free or reduced price meals?

  • All children in households receiving benefits from a State SNAP, Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR) or State TANF, are eligible for free meals.
  • Foster children that are under the legal responsibility of a foster care agency or court are eligible for free meals.
  • Children participating in their school’s Head Start program are eligible for free meals.
  • Children who meet the definition of homeless, runaway, or migrant are eligible for free meals.

Federal Income Eligibility Guidelines

Children may receive free or reduced price meals if your household’s income is within the limits on the Federal Income Eligibility Guidelines. Your children may qualify for free or reduced price meals if your household income falls at or below the limits on this chart.

For School Year July 1, 2020 – June 30, 2021
  Free Meals Reduced Meals
Household Size Annual Monthly Annual Monthly
1 16,588 1,383 23,606 1,968
2 22,412 1,868 31,894 2,658
3 28,236 2,353 40,182 3,349
4 34,060 2,839 48,470 4,040
5 39,884 3,324 56,758 4,730
6 45,708 3,809 65,046 5,421
7 51,532 4,295 73,334 6,112
8 57,356 4,780 81,622 6,802
Each add't family member, add 5,824 486 8,288 691

Ft. Knox MHS

Angela Cummings

School Meals Program

Phone: 502-624-2345 ext 4577

Fort Knox Schools

Gabby Weatherford

School Meals Program: Food Services Director

Phone: 502-624-7912
DSN Phone: 4240/4280

Southeast District

Marie Patti

School Meals Program: District Food Service Director

Phone: 706-545-8264

Frequently Asked Questions

HOW DO I KNOW IF MY CHILDREN QUALIFY AS homeless, MIGRANT, OR RUNAWAY? Do the members of your household lack a permanent address? Are you staying together in a shelter, hotel, or other temporary housing arrangement? Does your family relocate on a seasonal basis? Are any children living with you who have chosen to leave their prior family or household? If you believe children in your household meet these descriptions and haven’t been told your children will get free meals, please call or e-mail [school, homeless liaison or migrant coordinator].

Do I need to fill out an application for each child? No. Use one Free and Reduced Price School Meals Application for all students in your household. We cannot approve an application that is not complete, so be sure to fill out all required information. Return the completed application to: [name, address, phone number].

SHOULD I FILL OUT AN APPLICATION IF I RECEIVED A LETTER THIS SCHOOL YEAR SAYING MY CHILDREN ARE ALREADY APPROVED FOR FREE MEALS? No, but please read the letter you got carefully and follow the instructions. If any children in your household were missing from your eligibility notification, contact [name, address, phone number, e-mail] immediately.

CAN I APPLY ONLINE? Yes! You are encouraged to complete an online application instead of a paper application if you are able. The online application has the same requirements and will ask you for the same information as the paper application. Visit [website] to begin or to learn more about the online application process. Contact [name, address, phone number, e-mail] if you have any questions about the online application.

MY CHILD’S APPLICATION WAS APPROVED LAST YEAR. DO I NEED TO FILL OUT A NEW ONE? Yes. Your child’s application is only good for that school year and for the first few days of this school year, through [date]. You must send in a new application unless the school told you that your child is eligible for the new school year. If you do not send in a new application that is approved by the school or you have not been notified that your child is eligible for free meals , your child will be charged the full price for meals.

I GET WIC. CAN MY CHILDREN GET FREE MEALS? Children in households participating in WIC may be eligible for free or reduced price meals. Please send in an application.

Will the information I give be checked? Yes. We may also ask you to send written proof of the household income you report.

If I don’t qualify now, may I apply later? Yes, you may apply at any time during the school year. For example, children with a parent or guardian who becomes unemployed may become eligible for free and reduced price meals if the household income drops below the income limit.

What if I disagree with the school’s decision about my application? You should talk to school officials. You also may ask for a hearing by calling or writing to: [name, address, phone number, e-mail].

May I apply if someone in my household is not a U.S. citizen? Yes. You, your children, or other household members do not have to be U.S. citizens to apply for free or reduced price meals.

What if my income is not always the same? List the amount that you normally receive. For example, if you normally make $1000 each month, but you missed some work last month and only made $900, put down that you made $1000 per month. If you normally get overtime, include it, but do not include it if you only work overtime sometimes. If you have lost a job or had your hours or wages reduced, use your current income.

WHAT IF SOME HOUSEHOLD MEMBERS HAVE NO INCOME TO REPORT? Household members may not receive some types of income we ask you to report on the application, or may not receive income at all. Whenever this happens, please write a 0 in the field. However, if any income fields are left empty or blank, those will also be counted as zeroes. Please be careful when leaving income fields blank, as we will assume you meant to do so.

We are in the military. do we REPORT OUR INCOME DIFFERENTLY? Your basic pay and cash bonuses must be reported as income. If you get any cash value allowances for off-base housing, food, or clothing, it must also be included as income. However, if your housing is part of the Military Housing Privatization Initiative, do not include your housing allowance as income. Any additional combat pay resulting from deployment is also excluded from income.

WHAT IF THERE ISN'T ENOUGH SPACE ON THE APPLICATION FOR MY FAMILY? List any additional household members on a separate piece of paper, and attach it to your application. Contact [name, address, phone number, e-mail] to receive a second application.

My family needs more help. Are there other programs we might apply for? To find out how to apply for [State SNAP] or other assistance benefits, contact your local assistance office or call [State hotline number].

If you have other questions or need help, call the number to the right.

Accounts and Payments

Our program offers CONVENIENT and BUDGET friendly prices and payment methods to feed your student during the day, ensuring your student is refreshed and refueled to continue learning.

TIP:  Set up payday alerts on your phone or calendar as a reminder to fund your students account.

Options: Please be advised that payments are due at the time of purchase.  Sponsors, guardians and families are responsible for all student purchases.


#1 - Most Convenient:  Secure web based payment with a credit card through the "K12PaymentCenter" at

  • Set up low balance alerts
  • View your students purchases
  • Pay at the convenience of your home or anywhere!
  • Split payments across several student accounts

#2 - Drop off payments at your student's school meals office or cafeteria. 

#3 - Give payments to your student.

  • For purchases above the value of one meal, YOU MUST place it in a sealed envelope with the students name and amount of money enclosed clearly written on the outside of the envelope.

K12 Payment Center Information

Food Services Accounts and Payment

Parents are strongly encouraged to complete an application for free or reduced priced meals.

A new application must be completed each school year even if your child/children received free or reduced meals during the previous school year. Parents/Sponsors who do not have an updated application on file with Food Service within 30 days of the new school year, accounts will automatically convert to full price status.

Only one application is required per Household.

Free and Reduced on line applications for 2020/2021 are now available July I1 1 online at If a paper copy of the free and reduced application is needed, one is available for you at Child Nutrition Central Office at 128 McCracken St. Bldg 7729 (formerly Macdonald ES). Hard copy applications can only be picked up and have to be returned to Child Nutrition Central office only, to assure application is received and filled out correctly.

  • Please contact Food  Services at (502) 624-7912 or visit our office located at 128 McCracken St. Bldg. 7729, Fort Knox, KY. if you have any questions or concerns.
  • Application approval/denial notification will be emailed or mailed to the address provided on the application.
  • The names of children receiving free or reduced price meals are kept  confidential.

Meal accounts are created for all students upon enrollment. Each student will be given a unique Personal Identification Number (PIN) for their meal account. Students are required to memorize their PIN, which will prevent the number from being compromised. Parents are responsible for maintaining adequate funds in the meal accounts at all times to avoid negative balances. Parent Unpaid Balance Notice.  The Food Service Department will accept checks, cash or money order as a form of payment, and they are accepted daily in the cafeterias. The cashier or manager will write a receipt for all payments and credit the students account that day. If you choose to send payment to school with the student, we request that it is in an envelope with the following information listed on the envelope:

  • Student's first and last name
  • Student's PIN
  • Amount of payment


If the only time that's convenient for you to make a payment is during meal serving times, we request the payment be made at the Food Services Department at Central Office. The office is located at 128 McCracken St. Bldg. 7729, Fort Knox, KY 40121. The Central Office personnel will generate a receipt for the payment and it will be credited to the student's account the same day or the next business day, depending on the time of the payment. Payments using debit or credit card can be made by creating an account at K12PaymentCenter (formerly You will need the students' 10-digit ID number, to obtain the 10-digit ID number please contact your child's school cafeteria or the Food Services Department at Central Office at (270) 624-7912 For more information about this payment option please visit K12PaymentCenter

More Payment Information

  • Sponsors/Parent are notified by email or by reminder letter sent with your child/ren when the child has a low or negative  balance.
  • Sponsors are strongly encouraged to  occasionally check their student's accounts to prevent accumulating a negative  balance.
  • Failure to receive notification does  not excuse the Sponsor of his/her responsibility to maintain a positive balance  for their students account. Please keep contact information up to  date at the schools (to include e-mail address, phone numbers and home  address).
  • Students are allowed to charge up to 7 meals  on their accounts. After 7 charged meals, sponsors will be notified via email  and phone calls.
  • Payments must be made to satisfy these  accounts within 7 working days of notification. If the request for payment is  ignored, a Wage Garnishment will be initiated through the Military Pay Center.  A $50.00 processing fee for each student account will be added to the amount  owed.
  • Adults are not allowed to charge at any time.

Returned checks

  • Upon receipt of the first returned check, a  $50 service charge will be added to the amount of the check written, and the  returned check must be paid in cash and picked up in the Food and Nutrition  Services Office. If a second check is returned, all check-writing privileges  are suspended for six months. Should a wage garnishment need to be filed to  redeem a returned check, check-writing privileges are suspended  indefinitely. 


  • Refunds are available at the schools for a limited amount  only. If your child will receive a larger refund, they must be requested filling out a Refund Request Form.
  • Please complete the form and return to the school or to  the Food Service Department of Central Office (281 Fayette Ave. Bldg 4553, Fort  Knox , KY)

Any questions or concerns may be directed to  the Food Services Department.

Choose My Plate

Food  Service Policies

Competitive  Foods Regulation
Selling  food items to students in competition with the school breakfast or lunch  program is prohibited on school campus during the school day until 30 minutes  after the last lunch is done serving.  

Local  Wellness Policy DoDEA America’s Schools  believe that children and youth who begin each day as healthy individuals can  learn more and learn better and are more likely to complete their formal  education.

Fort Knox MHS Hours

  Regular Hours Thursday Hours
Students 7:25 a.m. - 2:35 p.m. 7:25 a.m. - 1:20 p.m.
Principal's Office 7:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. 7:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Faculty 6:50 a.m. - 2:50 p.m. 6:50 a.m. - 2:50 p.m.

Thursdays are Early Release days

FKMHS operates on a modified block schedule.


In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.
Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.
To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027), and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:
(1) Mail:
U.S. Department of Agriculture Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
(2) Fax: (202) 690-7442; or
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.