Department of Defense Education Activity

OWCP's Billing and Medical Authorization Process

Automated bill and authorization status is available via OWCP's toll-free Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system at 866-335-8319.

To speak to a customer service representative regarding medical authorizations or bills, call toll free at 1-844-493-1966.

Send all bills for Federal workers' compensation cases to:

  • U.S. Department of Labor
    DFEC Central Mailroom
    PO Box 8300
    London, KY 40742-8300

  • Please be sure to include the claim number on every page sent.


Information on Bills from Foreign Medical Providers

OWCP handles bills from foreign medical providers differently from U.S. territory and stateside medical providers.

Medical bills from foreign providers are sent directly to the special claims unit in OWCP's Cleveland District Office.

Foreign medical bills should be sent to:

  • ATTN:David T. Woods
  • United States Department of Labor
  • 1240 East Ninth Street Room 851
  • Cleveland, OH 44199


(Annotate the outside of the envelope with: DO NOT OPEN IN MAILROOM)

Foreign medical bills may also be faxed to OWCP at (216) 902-5601 or (216) 357-5464

Please be sure to include the claim number on every page sent as well as the claimant's current mailing address.

Medical Care Furnished by a Military Treatment Facility (MTF)

Department of Defense (DoD) appropriated fund employees are not billed for treatment at Military Treatment Facilities for initial or follow-up care for a work-related injury.

Please see HA Policy: 08-002 regarding care furnished by Military Treatment Facilities to Federal employees for on-the-job injuries and for occupational health.


OWCP's Division of Federal Employees' Compensation (DFEC) has made a variety of forms available online. DFEC's online forms