Frequently Asked Questions
- How and when is a claim for wage loss compensation filed?
- How and when is a claim for permanent impairment filed?
- How and when is a claim for recurrence filed?
- What evidence is needed to establish a claim?
- What happens if, in any claim, the employer contests any of the facts as stated by the claimant?
- How does OWCP determine entitlement to benefits?
- After selecting a treating physician, may an employee choose to be treated by another physician instead?
- What is total disability?
- When and how is compensation for total disability paid?
- What are the basic rules governing continuing receipt of compensation benefits and return to work?
- What actions must the employer take?
- May the employer monitor the employee's medical care?
- How should the employer make an offer of suitable work?
- What actions must the employee take with respect to returning to work?