REPORT ANY SUSPICIOUS LETTERS OR PACKAGES TO THE AUTHORITIES IMMEDIATELY TAMPERING OR OPENING A SUSPECT LETTER OR PACKAGE SHOULD BE LEFT TO EXPLOSIVE DISPOSAL EXPERTS.
- Leave the letter or package alone.
- Don't place inside a safe or other drawer and don't place in water
- Leave room windows open to vent a possible detonation.
- Leave the room, evacuate the area, and wait for a bomb disposal team
THE FOLLOWING MAY BE INDICATORS OF A LETTER OR PACKAGE BOMB:
- No return address or incorrect Title.
- Addressed to title, like Commanding General, but no name
- Misspelling of common words or address.
- Restrictive markings such as - "confidential" - or- "personal for".
- Excessive postage.
- Stains or strange odor.
- Size is abnormal or unusual or parcel is unduly wrapped or sealed.
- Wires, metal foil, or strings protruding.
- Unusually heavy or unbalanced.
- Lopsided or uneven envelope.
- Very rigid envelope.
- Springiness in the top, bottom or sides.