What to Bring when Registering Student to Ride the School Bus
School Bus Pass
Distance Students are Expected to Walk to School or to a Bus Stop
- Copy of completed school registration Form 600.
- The student must be present for the photograph.
Distance is measured in a straight line from the student's residence to the designated stop.
No greater than 1 mile
No greater than 1.5 miles.
Space Available Basis Students and the School Bus.
Space available students also fall into the space available category for transportation.
DoDDS Korea Commuting Zones Memorandum
Transportation for Students Living Off Base
Transportation is available for most off base housing areas around installations with schools, however before signing a lease on an off base house please check with the transportation office to ensure transportation is available in that area. If a family accepts housing outside of the approved commuting zone then the parents relinquish their student(s)' eligibility for bus transportation.
Lost & Found
If your child leaves something on the bus please call your local Student Transportation Office. All buses are checked for items left by the students after each trip. Items not claimed in a reasonable amount of time are turned into the Thrift Shop.
Replace a Lost School Bus Pass
Please go to your local Transportation Offices and request a duplicate pass.
For information on Inclement weather, Bus Safety & Sponsor Responsibilities please download the DoDDS Korea Transportation Information Packet.
Walking and Bus Safety
- Always walk on sidewalks if available
If sidewalks are not available, walk facing traffic
Always use designated crosswalks
Look right, look left before crossing streets
Wear light colored clothing to be seen
- Don't play in the streets or bus stop areas
- Don't run along the side of vehicles
- Use caution when walking up and down steps, crossing railroad tracks and crossing bridge ways
Bus Stop Safety
- Respect each other in the stop area
- Do not push, shove or fight
- Do not have items that can injure someone or damage someone's property
- Do not play in the street or road of the stop area
- Stay clear of the curb as the bus arrives
- Clear the stop area after departing the bus
- Remember the bus "Danger Zone" area