Ellis D. Parker Elementary School (Parker ES) is located in Alabama on Fort Novosel Army base, home of the Army Aviation. Parker ES is a new 21st Century school serving approximately 650 students from preschool through sixth grade. Our beautiful campus is designed as a teaching tool. As students walk around the school they see a wind turbine, water cistern, and solar panels to name a few items. There are many outdoor learning spaces as well. Parker ES has a school wide Social Emotional program that encompasses an all around theme of EVERYBODY ALWAYS. Through this program, students are intrinsically motivated to contribute productively to a community they feel vested in, and where they know they matter. The education and service to our students and families is our first priority. Our school fosters a lasting tradition of teaching and learning in a quality setting.
Safety Feature: Our gym seconds as a storm/ tornado shelter that exceeds every standard and requirement set. The shelters specific engineering in it's design and in depth construction is phenomenal and can withstand an F5 Tornado.
Transportation: Students who attend Parker ES and live further than one mile from school are eligible for bus transportation. All buses include a great driver and bus monitor. We encourage all students to utilize this great service. Homes within a mile of the school will be zoned for walking allowing students the opportunity to walk or ride their bikes to and from school. All walkers and bike riders will utilize the cross walks at Farrel Road and Red Cloud with Military Police directing traffic and cross walks. For those students who will be car riders, we ask that parents use Farrel Road for entry.
The Fort's first Elementary School, which housed grades two through six was constructed in 1963. The Fort's Elementary and Primary Schools were Department of Defense Domestic Dependent Elementary and Secondary Schools (DoD DDESS). In the Fall of 2002, the Fort schools were consolidated and in 2003 became a part of the Georgia/Alabama District, which encompasses Fort Novosel, Fort Moore, and Maxwell Air Force Base.
The original name of the post was Ozark Triangular Division Camp, but the War Department renamed it before the camp was officially opened on 1 May 1942. In September 1942, 1,259 additional acres south of Daleville were acquired for the construction of an airfield to support the training camp. It was known as Ozark Army Airfield until January 1959, when the name was changed to Cairns Army Airfield. The first troops to train at the Camp were those of the 81st (Wildcat) Infantry Division; the 81st Division left the Camp for action in the Pacific Theater in March 1943. Three other infantry divisions received training at the Camp during World War II -- the 35th, the 98th, and the 66th. The 66th (Panther) Division left for the European Theater in October 1944.
Grades: PreK - 6
Engage and empower learners for excellence in a global society.
Inspired and Compassionate Learners Striving for Excellence
Motto: Learning for the Future: Everyone, Every Way, Every Day
Primary Color: #F0C23C
Secondary Color: #1C0CED
Our accrediting agency, NCA CASI, is part of the unified organization AdvancED whose focus is to help member schools continually improve student performance and school conditions. Their accreditation standards and process are based on:
More about AdvancED
More about DoDEA Accreditation
Goal 2 - Mathematics
By the end of the year, students at Parker Elementary will increase in math proficiency.
Goal 3 - Literacy
By the end of the year, students at Parker Elementary will increase in reading proficiency.