The DoD Impact Aid for Children with Severe Disabilities Program reimburses Local Educational Agency (LEA) for money previously spent on military dependent children with severe disabilities.
- Eligible LEAs will be contacted and requested to submit an SD 816 and an SD 816c for eligibility only if they have applied and have been approved to receive Federal Impact Aid under Section 8003 of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965, as amended (20 U.S.C. 7703).
- The Impact Aid for Children with Severe Disabilities Program (CwSD) is available to LEAs that have at least two military dependent children with severe disabilities that meet certain special education cost criteria.
- Calculation will require the FY 2019 Per Pupil Expenditure Chart.
- Guidelines for Local Educational Agencies Applying for DoD Impact Aid for Children with Severe Disabilities
- Only children of active duty military personnel, including active duty Guard and Reserve, are eligible. This includes children with a parent who is an official of, and accredited by, a foreign government and is a foreign military officer.
- Submit applications as an attachment in an email to DoDEAImpactAid@dodea.edu, or fax it to (770) 268-7498
DoD works with LEAs and the U.S. Department of Education to clarify or resolve any funding or disbursement eligibility issues.